Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat!


To say that Tyler loved trick-or-treating would be a little bit of a stretch, but he did think it was so cool that he could just knock on somebody's door and they would give him candy. The whole way walking to the next house he would point to the candy in his bucket and laugh.


Since we live in student housing we decided to drive a couple blocks over to a really nice neighborhood (where they would be handing out the "good" candy) and let Tyler trick-or-treat over there. We just did 2 blocks-which was about 15 houses-because it was pretty late when we got started (which is a story in and of itself but I'm not in the mood to write about it so there you go) but I think for his first time T-O-T it was just long enough for him to enjoy it without being too overwhelming.

Daddy (a construction worker-LAME) and Tyler (a bat) in their costumes. I wasn't dressed up (double LAME) so that's why I'm not in the picture-part of the afore-mentioned story


Going up to the first house


But even after all 15 houses he still would NOT say "trick-or-treat" at the door. We would practice and he would say it the whole way up to the door but the second they opened the door he just stood there holding out his bucket (at least he got that part down). He would tell them "Thank you" and "Bye Bye" so I guess that's better than nothing.

Someone told Tyler he had a cute bunny costume and I thought, that's weird how do they possibly get bunny from this? Do you know any bunnies with wings? And who would dress up their boy as a bunny? Then I got home and was looking at the pictures I took and realized it actually does look like a bunny costume if he doesn't hold his arms out because of the ears and the teeth on the costume. Ha Ha. Oh well!

He was SO not happy when we told him we were all done T-O-T for the night and cried the whole way home.


I think going through his candy made him feel better.


I couldn't even get him to look up at me for 2 sec. so I could take a picture!


I hope everyone had a great Halloween and got LOTS of good candy!!!

4 comments:

Alisa and Sky said...

he is so dang cute! thats cool that he would say thank you and bye bye at the door! I would have loved him to come to my door and say that!

Rebekah said...

I love Tyler's bat costume! It looks like he had a lot of fun, even if he wasn't ready to go home when it was over.

Matt and Haley said...

That's funny about the bunny. Yeah, from your Oct. 31st post, I couldn't quite tell what Tyler's costume was. I was thinking along the lines of a skunk...rat...? Now I see the wings and think he's a very adorable bat!

Michelle C said...

You're so silly! I don't think a construction worker is lame. It is SO hard to dream up costumes!! We didn't dress up either. That's so sad he cried the whole way home!


Google