Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Bobby!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE birthdays! Bobby, not so much. His reaction to every birthday he's had since we've been together (5) has been the same, no matter how extravagant or basic the birthday was. Birthday's are just not a big deal to him and it drives me crazy because I love to celebrate. I mean any chance to eat unhealthy food and buy presents should be fun right?! For his first birthday (as a married couple) I went all out. I got him a 1 hour helicopter flight-where he got to fly the helicopter for an hour, a 1 hour massage at a really nice spa, then we went out to a nice dinner and then stayed the night at a bed and breakfast called Hines Mansion. His reaction to this amazing birthday (if I do say so myself) and his reaction to this years bday, where I made him a little banner thing and got him a case for his laptop, was exactly the same; "Thanks Babe, I had a great birthday." The End. Oh well, it's his birthday right? So anyway, for documentation purposes, here's what we did for the Bobsters birthday this year.

His birthday was yesterday, Sunday, which makes it even harder to do something "fun" and celebrate so we did a little bit to celebrate on Sat. While he was at work I threw together some decoration as a little surprise for when he came home from work.

Happy Birthday banner and "homemade" balloons.


Even though he doesn't love birthdays as much as I do, I still love him like crazy!
5 Reasons I STILL love you!

#1.You're HOT! Pretty self-explanatory :)


#2. You are the BEST father. No matter how busy, how stressed, how tired, or how frustrated he might be he always takes time to be with Tyler and is so patient with his tantrums. He would do anything in the world for this little guy and it makes my heart just melt watching the two of them together.


#3. You constantly "clean" up after me without complaint. How many husbands would clean up their wife's puke, pee, and poo (yes people there has been a time...or two...where he has had do that) over and over and over without soon after filing for divorce, or in the least complaining about their unfortunate situation. He usually can be found cleaning up after me while laughing. It's a really good thing I married someone with a sense of humor. Really good thing.


#4. You always make me laugh. I spend a good majority of my day laughing because of how seriously goofy Bobby is. He is always the guy cracking the jokes (most of the time sticking his foot in his mouth) and I've learned not to take life so seriously because of him. I think I use to take offense to things pretty easily but being married to Bobby has completely changed that! We tease each other all the time and I love that we can have such a fun and open relationship! It makes life interesting to say the least.


#5. You love me unconditionally (which I don't always make easy to do). This is mostly in reference to #3 because seriously, how could someone find me beautiful after everything they've seen me do and go through. I don't know, but somehow he does. And I know it's hard to believe (ha ha) but sometimes I can be just a little bit whiny and just a little bit on the crazy side and just a little bit frustrating, but somehow he sees past all that and we make it work.

Later that night he said he was craving some hot wings so we went to Wingers for his bday dinner and then came home and watched Ironman (ironically the same movie we watched in the theaters for my bday). I didn't see him much on Sun., but that night his family was all together in Missouri for an early Thanksgiving dinner and they called him on speakerphone and sang Happy Birthday to him. Then they all sang Happy Birthday to me because Bobby didn't do anything for me for my bday (ha ha, aren't they great!) . We made taco salad for dinner and I made some homemade choc. chip cookies (super big deal for me) but they were only homemade because we didn't have any of the slice and bake kind left and he really wanted some cookies. Of course I burned them (did you even wonder that something wouldn't go wrong?!) Somehow the oven got turned up to 500. I SWEAR I put it on 375. SWEAR! But when I went to take them out of the oven it was on 500. I told Bobby he was sabbatoging me on purpose-because he really would do something like that just to get a laugh, but he promised he didn't and then said my big belly probably turned the nob when I was leaning against the stove. Rude! :) So Bobby cooked another batch (because I was so frustrated that I couldn't even make the man some cookies for his bday) and they of course turned out perfectly and were delicious. I just gotta love him.

I'm so glad I found my perfect fit. Life is amazing and better because I have you in it. I love you, Happy Birthday.

6 comments:

dixonfamily said...

What a good little wife you are, and what a good husband you have!! Your list of "why you love Bobby" was hysterical!! I appreciate that you are so willing to share the great things reality has to offer, especially when you're pregnant. I am so happy that you guys are so happy! Seriously, I am. Happy Birthday to Bobby!

eden and david said...

you guys are so awesome!

Rebekah said...

I don't know where Bobby got that whole birthdays are no big deal thing... if you had given me a helicopter ride, a massage and a night at a bed and breakfast I would be ecstatic! I'm glad that you guys had a good weekend. I can't wait to see little Kylie! (Sorry for stealing your thunder about that Bobby... I kind of assumed you told them already!) We really missed you guys at dinner, hopefully we will see you during the holidays next year!

Alisa and Sky said...

You guys are so great together! You are right...you could not have found a more perfect fit!

Maranda said...

It's a good thing you married someone with a sense of humor and a strong stomach!

Ben and Nanci Hanks said...

You are such a cute wifey!


Google