Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Mini candy apples

So I actually just got around to making those mini caramel apples that I posted about awhile ago. I had wanted to make them last Thur. so Bobby could take them to work for Halloween on Fri. but I just got too busy and it didn't happen. Since they're not specifically a Halloween thing, and because I had already bought all the stuff, I decided to go ahead and make them Sun. night and he took them to work on Mon. I just used 3 apples which made about 24 mini's, and Bobby said everyone loved them so I was happy I did it. (I'm glad he works with mostly girls because we just appreciate things like this more, right?!) I can't take all the credit though, Bobby is way better than me when it comes to working in the kitchen (cooking, baking, grilling, everything!), so I gladly accepted his help and I think we did a pretty good job!



Sprinkles


Nuts& Mini Choc. Chips


Nuts


Mini Choc. Chips


I ended up using butterscotch chips to dip the apples in because my mom said it would be easier to work with than caramel, and the BS worked great. Also, for anyone else who might be making these you HAVE to make sure you dry the apple balls (just pat them with a paper towel) before you dip them or the dip won't stick to the apple and you'll just have a huge, globby mess!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah the caramel didn't stick the best - i love yours, they're so cute.

Rebekah said...

I give you an A+ for presentation. They look yummy.

Aaron & Jayme said...

Too cute!! You're turning into Betty Crocker on me!


Google