Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wednesday Weigh-in-week 2

So now I'm starting to REALLY regret that I decided to do this publicly! I thought it was going to be embarrassing enough to say that I didn't lose any weight one week, but it's so much more embarrassing to have to tell you I GAINED weight this week! How is this possible?! I have worked out 7 of the last 8 days and we only ate out once and it was at Subway rather than usual burger joint. UGH! I am so mad and have been in the worst mood all day. What's the point of waking up at 5:00 am 3 days a week to gain weight. I can do that just by sleeping in! UGH UGH UGH! Bobby told me that he thinks it's because I'm doing too much weight lifting and the weight gain is probably just muscle, but I don't care. I still feel stupid. He thinks I should cut down on the weights and do more cardio. I usually do 3 days cardio and 3 days power toning which is weights/BAT (butt, abs, thighs) so maybe I'll switch to doing more cardio and do just 1 day of weights. But I don't know what else I can do! This stupid weight gain and the no dairy thing is just about enough to send me over the edge! On the plus side, I was so mad this morning that I had a killer workout just releasing all that negative energy!

Last week-----This week
133.2---------- 134.9

I thought about shaving a couple ounces off that number because I feel so dumb, but if I'm not honest about this it's only going to hurt me more in the end. So there it is!

Here's a couple positive things that happened this week (just to make me feel better)
1. My instructor (who by the way is 7 mo. preggo and can kick every single one of our butts!) told me that for every 5 lbs of muscle mass you gain, you will burn 600 more calories in a 24 hour period!

2. One day this week as I was checking into the class an elderly gentleman (like 60's) said, "What are you doing here? You don't look like you need to be working out." ha ha...some men will be flirts until the day they die!

3. The eye doctor asked me how old my baby was and I told him Kylee was about 2 1/2 mo. He said, "Wow, you got your body back fast. Great work!" This is funny to me because he had no idea what I looked like before I was pregnant!

4. And last but not least, a backhanded compliment from my dear betrothed. Bobby was rubbing my shoulders and arms last night and said, "Oh wow, you really are getting stronger. I can really feel your muscles!" I said, "Whatever, shut up!" And he said, "No really, you were really flabby right here before." Bless his dear heart. When will he learn?

P.S. I'm giving this one more week and if I gain weight again...I don't know. I won't give up because I feel better than I have in a long time, but some heads might roll. Watch out!

11 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

I feel your pain! Don't stress though, unfortunately that causes weight gain too. I'm sure you look slammin!!!

Rebekah said...

I hate to say it... but Bobby is probably right. More cardio burns fat, and if you do a lot of weight training you gain more muscle which weighs more. Keep it up, it may take a couple weeks, but your hard work will show!

Alisa and Sky said...

Yeah bobby is right. Muscle weighs more than fat so thw weight you have gained is because you are toning your body. I wouldnt suggest cutting back on the weights because that is what will make you look good when the weight does come off. Just dont expect to see the weight fall off. My problem is I did all cardio and I lost weight fast, but I am still flabby and still have the baby fat bulg instead of looking nice and tone. Just dont worry about the number on the scale just look at how you are looking in the mirror

Amy Hummel said...

Yep... muscle weighs more than fat! So, take it as a good sign!

cnelson said...

stick with it girl...Bobby is right it is the muscle. If ya watch biggest loser...week 2 is always the hardest. you are amazing!

beckie said...

You can do it!!!

Everyone pretty mcuh said what I was going to say, but I would add just stick with it because that week-usually week 3 or 4 when you start to lose is such a wonderful feeling it will keep you going.

Don't expect to lose for about 3 weeks, thats my mental game, and then I am always pleasantly surprised.

Also be honest about what you're eating, this is the only way I've ever lost weight.

the McLaughlin's said...

True true. Everyone is right. Cardio burns fat and weights build muscle. I would say don't cut the weights. All I did was cardio last year training for races I was running and though I could run forever I was never trilled with the shape of my body. Plus weight training with help with your strength helping you to go longer and faster at your cardio. Good luck!

Mary Beth said...

it's ok Angela - you're doing a good job and you'll be rewarded for your hard work - it is tough when you have to report that you gained weight, but really, it helps people. Like for me, I'm glad to know that you aren't perfect, like I always thought! :o)

And just remember, it could always be worse, you could weigh 10 pounds more like me.

I love you and you're doing great!!!

Maranda said...

I was watching Biggest Looser the other night, and one of the girls said that the trainer told her the best way to loose weight is to run/cardio. So if you're looking to purely just loose weight, that's probably what you should focus on. But if you're looking to gain more muscle and that, then I think you're doing it right and it'll just take time. Either way, you are beautiful just the way you are, and I'm proud of you for anything you do! I hope I get to see you soon.

Michelle C said...

Don't feel bad. when you're at those last few pounds it takes a lot for them to come off. How is your eating? I know the balance of the two gives the best results. Anyway, i think you look great and I agree with all those flirtatious men. Working in the nursing home, the men are still crazy flirtatious. It's really gross, but funny. Keep up the good work!!

Matt and Haley said...

I've had a very frustrating week as well! I ran 13 flipping miles on Saturday--the most I've ever run--and I'm still gaining weight. (So what other people have told you about the cardio is not necessarily true...I also do 30 minutes of weights and BAT every other day as well.) I feel like in order to maintain or lose weight, I can't even think about sweets or yummy food. I've been eating a salad for lunch every day for like the past month (I've got some yummy salad recipes now!), and I told Matt this week that I feel like it's all fruitless. AND I'm heading off on a cruise tomorrow...which just means lots of yummy, tempting food, and I don't have much self control when it's there in front of me. Why does it have to be so hard?!?


Google