Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday Weigh-in-week 1

Okay. So I've debated and debated and debated whether or not I should post this-well the specifics of this post-but decided that I've posted enough personal information about me that this really isn't a big deal. However, when I think about how many people read this blog-even people I might not know about-it's kind of intimidating, so I'm hoping it'll give me that extra motivation I need to really push myself to reach my goal.

It took less than 5 weeks for me to lose my baby weight with Tyler. I didn't do anything special, besides nursing, it just floated off. I fully expected things to work the same way this time, but here we are 9 weeks later and I still have 10 more pounds to lose. After about 4 weeks I just stopped losing weight and haven't been able to since and I'm SO SICK of it! I just feel gross! Thankfully it's freezing cold here so I can use that as an excuse to wear a sweatshirt everyday, but I'm getting sick of rotating through the 4 sweatshirts I own-well that, and the fact that our laundry bill is starting to go up-so here we go! Time to lose weight! Don't worry I'm not doing this to fish for compliments (although feel free :) ) because I know I'm not "fat", I just don't feel like myself and I hate that. I just want to feel good about myself again. This is by far THE single most embarrasing thing I've ever done because I HATE talking about my weight and now I'm going to be broadcasting it to the entire world weekly, but I need something to give me that extra push to roll out of bed in the morning and knowing that all of you will be "watching" me will hopefully do the trick!

So how do I go about accomplishing this? I don't want to get a gym membership because 1)we can't afford one 2) I have no idea how to use gym equipment 3) I'm completely unmotivated and would never make myself go work out 4)I have no idea how many reps of everything you're supposed to do and would call it good after 3 sets of 1 per week. 5) It would be a waste of money because the only thing I would need it for would be the classes. The one positive: daycare so you can work out whenever it's convenient for you! Unfortunately, I need something that will push me, that will tell me not to quit. I'm all about someone telling me I'm doing great-even when I'm not- and says, "okay just 8 more you can do it!" Hmmm... who would this person be? A personal trainer! Oh wait, I can't afford one. Okay back to square one.

Oh the rec center would be perfect because they have aerobics classes-with motivating instructors- that you can pay for individually (2$ per class). Problem? No daycare. Back to square one.

Work out at home. Problem? No room. Tyler all over me. Neighbors underneath us. No one to tell me I'm doing great. Back to square one. (Is this getting old yet?!)

Okay, let's rethink our options. The best one would be the $2 aerobics class, but the only ones I could go to (since 1)they don't have daycare 2)I'm nursing so I have to work around that schedule 3) Bobby's work schedule and, 4)we just have one car) would be 5:45 am or 7:30 pm. Hmmm....7:30 won't work because that's when we start getting Tyler ready for bed and I can't miss that every night. Guess it's going to have to be 5:45.

AHHHH Im SO tired! Even though the rec center's only about 10 min. away (well 15 on mornings that the roads are icy and I have to drive 20 mph to get there) I have to be up by 5:00 to pump a bottle for Bobby to feed the baby in case she wakes up to eat while I'm gone. Now this might not be a big deal to some of you but I am NOT NOT NOT a morning person-especially with those late baby nights. I love my sleep and it is so hard to get out of bed when it is dark and cold and I have to go scrape ice and snow off my car at 5:30 in the morning. Okay so it's not that bad. Tues. and Thur. I go to their 6:30 pm class because Bobby doesn't have to work, but MWF (and every other Sat) I get to wake up bright and early. Wish I could say after class I'm all energized and ready to go for the day, but I'm not! I'm tired, and I want to go back to bed, and I can barely walk because my legs are shaking from doing lunges across the floor all morning. I hate it!!! I've only been doing this for 2 weeks though so maybe my body just needs to adjust. Ahhhh, the joys of childbearing.

Well now that I've fully vented and feel LOTS better, here are the details. I took my starting weight last Sun. (3/1) and will do a "weigh in" every Wed. from here on out and post the results-good or bad. (I was going to do it every sun., but they're just too hectic in the mornings here so I decided to do it mid-week instead.)

Starting Weight-3/1
134.6

Week 1 (and a half)-3/11
133.2
I know this isn't a lot , but I'm happy because it's the first time I've lost any weight in 5 weeks! I might add measurements too if I can find a tape measure around here...

Goal: 123 (pre baby weight) by 07/01 (family vacation). So that gives me 4 mo. to lose about 10 lbs. I've never had any weight loss goals before so that's kind of a shot in the dark, but I hope that's a realistic goal. (any opinions?) After that I'll shoot for pre-wedding weight- I don't remember the exact number, but it was somewhere between 115-120.

Wow, it kind of feels good to have it all out in the open now...kind of! Wish me luck!

Oh, and I should give my friend MaryBeth the credit for this. I got this idea from her because she so bravely posts her weight loss weekly, and I thought it would be a great motivator for me as well, so thank you MB for the idea! (well, maybe thank you...this might be a huge embarrassment for me!)

14 comments:

Michelle C said...

Well I know you're not fishing for compliments, but you look amazing Angela!! Even at 9 months pregnant you looked so great. But I can understand wanting to lose that last bit of weight. I've been struggling with my weight for years and wasn't able to get down to my ideal weight after Nathan (I did lose 15 lbs more than my pre-pregnancy weight though). Once I stopped nursing, I couldn't lose another pound. I had really good luck with weight watchers (I didn't join, but did the principles of the core plan). You are amazing that you've been doing the getting up early thing for 2 wks and with 2 kiddos. I really look up to you!!! I have no motivation to do anything anymore. We're expecting #2 and I feel like I'm going to die. Not as bad as you of course, but definitely wanting to die!!

cnelson said...

you are amazing! i'm so sorry i passed on the "i hate morning" genes to you, but here you are just pushing past them anyway! go Angela go! I'm so proud of you!

Maranda said...

I'm so proud of you!! Good for you for taking control and doing something for you. I am so impressed that you get up so early and go do that. I don't think I could. But I know Jaime does it too and you guys are amazing! I'm excited to see your progress and share in this with you. Way to go for sticking it out for two weeks already. I know you can do it! YAY!

Alisa and Sky said...

Go angela go! You can do it!! I am going to be working to lose weight with ya!! I got back to my pre baby weight and now I am working on pre wedding weight. 8 more lbs to go!! I should post on my blog too, but like you i am not sure if i want the world knowing how much i weigh :)

Jana said...

you do look really great! but i so know how it feels when you dont feel great. dont stress it though (easier said than done!) but i realized after i stoped nursing michael after his first b-day that one day (two weeks after) that the last 15 pounds were just gone. and it was that way with janie too. after telling lots of other mothers this they have had the same experience too. so maybe youre like me and hold onto the last until the dairy queen is officially closed.
and the family pic. are cute and i think everyone looks so great--it was fun, especailly to see the brickers.

Joy said...

Ugh i can't stand mornings either. you are awesome! I can't believe you get up so early to work out... good work, woman! If it's any comfort, I'm still 10 lbs over my pre-preg. weight as well! my church clothes are still too tight. and i feel gross about my tummy rolls, but unfortunately I haven't cared enough to do anything about it yet, except eat MORE oreos and girl scout cookies... sick! I'll care when swimsuit season rolls around though... I'll still be flabby and you'll be so buff, fit, cute, and sexy because you're taking action! There you go-- keep it up!

The Johnson Family said...

Girl YOU CAN DO IT!! Just start by being more aware of your daily routine, find little things you can eliminate (like refined sugars and carbs, I'm not saying all just some) or things you can maximize like when your rocking your baby to sleep do some lunges or squats.. you get the idea. Just being aware will help you make better decisions that will pay off in the long run. 4 months is PLENTY of time. I believe in you girlfriend!!

beckie said...

Good Job Angela! Way to make it happen. I work out in the morning and even though its tough just think of it this way, once you're done, you're done for the day, one shower and thats it.

You can definately lose 10 lbs in 4months, I have lost 10 lbs in the past month.

also something that really helps me, rethink your portion control, exercise is great but if you don't watch your diet, exercise pretty much does nothing for you. Trust me, I've been doing this for years.

Brian and Cami said...

Good luck with your goal! I think you're already ahead of the game with only 10 lbs left! I need to get exercising too b/c 1) I hate exercising and have no motivation and 2) my family has a much more difficult time shedding baby weight. P.S. You already weigh less than me and I am only 5 months! ;)

Matt and Haley said...

Good luck with your early mornings! That is so rough. I have it nice right now with just one kid, so I can go run and push him in the stroller, but I know that will just get harder with more kids. Having a work-out partner helps a ton if you can find one.

Weight has always been a tough thing for me. I look back at my Senior year of high school pics and wonder why no one told me I should lose some weight! I was running 3 miles every other day and staying at the same weight, so I just figured it was my bone structure and that was that. It feels great to realize that I can lose weight if I work hard enough at it.

Now that my amazing metabolism has worn off from nursing, I've already started to put on some pounds, which is why I've taken up running. I'm running a half marathon on April 11! I know you don't like running, but you should think about giving it another try...I've found I can also do it inside on the yucky weather days or at night when Caleb's in bed.

Mary Beth said...

here we are both trying to lose 10 pounds in 4 months - that's my exact too, Angela. Unfortunetly my goal is still 20 pounds more than yours.
I'm proud of you for doing this, it really does help knowing that you have people waiting to see how you did and expecting you to talk about it.
I'm glad that what I've done helped inspire you a little- I actually thought about not posting on sunday because even though its only Thursday I KNOW I've gained weight. So thanks for bringing me to everyone's attention and now I have to own up for my mistakes! :o)

Amy Hummel said...

I hate the mornings too. That's why I exercise at night after I put the kids in bed, when my husband is home...

Don't feel too bad about having 10 pounds to lose still. I still have 10 pounds to lose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, and my baby just turned 1! I've lost 1 pound in the last month, BUT I had to move in the middle of it, and broke my workout routine. I started to get back into it last night though!

Just Jaime said...

Keep up the good work! I kinda LOVE bragging about getting up at 5am to exercise. But really, I love it. Not to sound totally 1995, but "YOU GO GIRL!"

Unknown said...

I am thinking I am a bit more happy with my weight now than I was with my pre-marriage weight! :) I think you are SOOOOOOO cute Angela - and I will say an extra prayer for anyone who gets to hang out with you at 5 in the morning :)

Love ya!


Google