Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Monday, March 23, 2009

Life is good!

I can't even thank you guys enough for all your support and encouraging comments. Every single one of you said something I needed to hear! I truly believe faithful prayers are answered and I appreciate all of your prayers on my behalf. It may seem like a silly thing to pray for a friend on a blog because they are having a hard time, but I KNOW it's because of your prayers and thoughts that the past couple days have been wonderful! Gosh, I just have the best friends!!!

I like to post everything that's going on in my life (and actually wish I had time to post more) because this blog has become my journal and I want to remember everything- which means the good, the bad and the ugly. I guess I'm just not ashamed to be real and admit that some days just "suck" (thanks Alissa!). That's just life. And it's those bitter moments that make the sweet moments all the sweeter. I obviously (hopefully it's obvious) love my family more than anything in this world and my children mean more to me than I could ever find words to explain, but real life doesn't mean that every day is roses and chocolate (that would my perfect day!) No matter how hard we try to be the perfect parent, wife, daughter, or friend we never will be because we are human and we make mistakes. And that's okay. I accept that, and I thank you for not judging me for putting all my feelings out there. I hope that just because I make a post one day about how hard that particular day/week is, you all know (and most importantly my children know) that I am eternally grateful they are apart of my family and would take a crying baby every day for the rest of my life, than live a life without them in it. I would hope that you would know that without me having to write it in every post. I just think it's okay to have hard days and write about them.

Fri. night Kylee slept through the night again like normal and was an ANGEL on Sat. (and everyday since). I think you were right Joy, she was definitely going through a growth spurt! My clogged duct has cleared (sorry if that's TMI) and Bobby took his test this morning that he had been busying studying for all week, so my friends...life is good!

Just a quick story from yesteday. Our closing song for sacrament meeting was Families can be Together Forever and Tyler knows the words to the first verse and the chorus and was belting them out. As I heard his little voice sing, "I always want to be with my own family" tears began to pour down my cheek as I thought how truly grateful I am to have him (and Bobby and Kylee) with me forever! This past week has been a VERY hard week for me and I haven't handled every situation as I probably should have or with as much patience as I could have, and as I listened to Tyler sing the words to that song (because I was too choked up to sing them myself) I thanked my Heavenly Father over and over for the blessing sitting right there on my lap, and begged him to forgive me for my shortcomings throughout the past week. I love my family and am so lucky to be surrounded by such sweet, innocent spirits.

6 comments:

Just Jaime said...

What a sweet story! I'm glad I can support you, even from 100 miles away (is it 100?)

Just Jaime said...

PS I totally thought that I commented on both your last posts but now I see that I didn't. BUT I DO support you!!

Alisa and Sky said...

I am so glad your life is back to normal again! I am so glad you guys are apart of my life and apart of our eternal family! I am truly blessed to have such an amazing big sister who I can look up to and know that I am not the only one with imperfections! I love you guys!

Rebekah said...

I love that you use your blog as your journal, it really gives me insight into your life and helps me get to know you so much better. I am so glad that things are looking up! Everyone has hard days, and just need that reassurance that everything will be okay. I loved reading about Tyler singing and I almost cried too. I wish we could live closer to you guys, but reading about your life will have to do for now!

dixonfamily said...

I love your honesty!! I am so glad that the past couple of days have been better. I guess the hard days just really help us to fully enjoy the good times. Just know that you are not alone.

Michelle C said...

I'm so glad things are better for you! Amazing how a new day gives completely new perspective. I just love how Tyler knows the words to a million songs. You're amazing. Do you sit at home and teach him over and over??


Google