Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Stranger Danger!

Oh, I remember a story from Sun. I was gonna tell yall! So this Sun. our Bishop was out of town so we didn't have our early morning Bishopric meetings, but since Bobby's in charge of doing Sacrament we had to still be there about 20 min. early. As soon as we're all situated in the pew, and Tyler is happily coloring away, Kylee starts to fuss so I look for her pacifier so she can take a nap and realize we left it at home. Thankfully we live right around the corner from the church so I hand off my children to a couple who is also there early and drive back home. Now this part probably won't make sense to any of you who don't know the awesomeness that is Aggie Village and where our apartment is, but try to follow. I parked over by the laundromat (which you're not supposed to do) because our building is just behind it and is closer than the "real" parking lot and I was in a hurry. As I get out of the car I see a guy walking towards the parking lot I'm in. He walks past my car, I get out, and I didn't really think much of it other than, "wow, he looks grungy." I get out of my car and start walking towards my apartment when he turns around and starts to walk the same direction I'm walking. I thought hmmm...that's kinda weird but whatever maybe he decided to go a different direction. As I get closer to my building I had this overwhelming feeling that I should NOT go inside my apartment. It was SO wierd. So then I of course start to panick because this guy is obviously following me. (And trust me I know this sounds SOO stupid! It's broad daylight, it's Logan, UT, it's aggie village-all of which =Nothing bad happens, but I'd rather follow promptings I recieve-even if it is something I'm conjouring up in my head-and not have to wish I did later) I turned down a different path, going the opposite way from my apartment, and he chooses the same path. He started to get a little closer to me so I quickend my pace (okay, I really realize that this sounds like I'm writing a horror book but this really IS what happened!). I then chose a different path going back towards the laundromat which would tell me if he really was following me because this is the same place he changed his mind and decided not to go earlier when the chase ensued, and sure enough, he was right behind me! I was starting to get into an area that led away from people so I decided to leave the path and go across the grass towards the street that led back to the church because I knew once I got to the street I'd be safe. And sure enough there's mr. grungy right behind me, crossing the grass. It was everything I could do to keep from taking off in a dead sprint in my heels! Thankfully I saw a guy in our ward across the street walking to church and I yelled at him and asked him to wait for me. I darted off across the street and looked back to see mr. grungy getting to the street but not crossing it. He continued on down the path right next to the street, leaving aggie village. I asked the guy in my ward to walk home with me so I could get Kylee's pacifier and he willingly accompianed me, but he probably thought I was NUTS! Like I said, this totally could have been something I freaked myself out about (I do watch too many NCIS and SVU episodes) but the feeling not to go into my apartment was too strong to ignore. Better to be safe than sorry! Lesson learned? Always have everything I need for church BEFORE I leave the house!

7 comments:

cnelson said...

You totally did the RIGHT thing hon! So scary! DEFINITELY better safe than sorry and ALWAYS follow promptings!

Matt and Haley said...

One of my worst nightmares!!!

Mary Beth said...

that is SO scary (I watch way too much NCIS and Criminal Minds not to be freaked out by EVERY little thing) If I see a car in my neighborhood that I don't recognize and they follow me a couple streets , I'll go a different way home just to make sure they aren't following me - its crazy but its better safe than sorry.

Rebekah said...

That's creepy Angela! I'm glad you followed your feelings, cause even in 'safe' places bad things happen! Have you seen the movie Brigham City? That would be enough to freak me out right there!

Alisa and Sky said...

How scary! Way to follow your promting! You never can go wrong when you do!

Unknown said...

yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad you listed to the spirit! That is a bit scary!

dixonfamily said...

SO SCARY!!! I'm so glad you followed the prompting to not go into your apartment!! I'm glad you're okay!!!


Google