Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!

The morning started out with Tyler walking into my bedroom like this:


(Yes, this was Bobby's valentines day card to me. They've gotten slightly less romantic over the years...slightly.)


I remember that my mom said she sent the kids a valentine package in the mail and so I sent Bobby out to see if it had come and sure enough it was there and Tyler was so excited that he got to open a "pesent" (present).




Heart Suckers! His two favorite things-hearts and suckers. His favorite shape right now is a heart and whenever he sees one he says, "ohhh...heartbeat". Ever since he got a play stethescope and pretends to check peoples heartbeats anything shaped like a heart is called a heartbeat.


Yes I let him have one. It's what grandma would have wanted.


She also sent Kylee some super cute onesies, but they're too big so she'll have to wait a couple more weeks to wear them. :(
"Thank you MaMa"

He was way too busy trying to open the suckers to really pay attention to me...

After the excitement of the suckers we dressed up the kiddos in their valentine day outfits and went to IHOP (where we had to wait 45 min. for a table-not so fun with a toddler!)


I said, "Tyler, don't you just LOVE valentines day?!" And he gave me this expression:

That is his--I'm done taking pictures mom--look.

After we got some breakfast (actually it was more like lunch cause we didn't even get seated until 11:30) we came home and everyone took a couple hour naps which was fabulous and then we gave them their valentines from mom and dad.

(Notice the change of clothes thanks to a fight he lost with the syrup bottle at IHOP. )
I said, "Okay Tyler, close your eyes so I can give you a valentine present!"


He said, "ohhhh, a pe-sent!" And then he gave me this blah expression for a picture. I swear...what is with my kids and hating taking pictures?! I promise he was really excited about his Dora and Diego box of chocolates. Who knew a dollar gift could make someone so happy?


Kylee got her first valentine bear! (And notice her change of clothes due to a blow-out diaper that soaked through-thankfully NOT at IHOP)


Then Daddy took Tyler out to have some "guy time" and they came back with single roses (milk chocolate) for us girls. Daddy got down on his knee and gave his to mommy and Tyler got down on his knee and gave his to Kylee. (Apparently the store was all out of real single red roses so the chocolate ones had to do...hmmm guess that's what happens when you wait till the day of ;0-ha ha, they were actually pretty good!)


Bobby also got me this fabulous bag I've been eyeing for weeks. He said he was just waiting to get it for me for valentines day because it was red. Ha Ha, what a sweetie!




My sweet friend Maranda gave me (well, kylee) the cutest Valentine dress to wear to church when we were down in Provo visiting last week, so of course I had to take a picture of her wearing it. This was right before church and we were already late so we only had time to take one picture, so it's horrible of me but Kylee looks so sweet in her pink and black dress I had to post it for Maranda to see!

Thanks Maranda, she got lots of compliments! :)

I know this is kind of an awkward picture, but you can see the cute outfit better. I promise she's not falling off, it's just the angle I took it at. Maranda also got her these cute legging pants to go under the dress so after church I switched out her tights for the pants.


And just because I can here are a couple more...




Happy Valentines everyone!!!

8 comments:

Rebekah said...

I love all these Valentines Day pictures. I especially love the picture of Kylee yawning.

Rebekah said...

By the way, the purse is super cute too!

cnelson said...

what a great Valentine's!! ya know i love all the pictures! kylee is getting sooo big! can't wait to see you guys! and yes, grandma would have wanted Tyler to have the sucker!
lovin' that bag, too...i am jealous.

Michelle C said...

How cute. I love the "pesent". That's cute they got down on their knees!!

Just Jaime said...

LOVING the bag!

Maranda said...

I love all your posts, but I think this is one of my favorites! I love that he taped a plate to Tyler's neck with your Valentine note, and that they got down on their knees to give you girls roses. How sweet! And I LOVE that purse!! It is soooo cute. Kylee looks adorable in that outfit, I'm so glad you like it. You have the sweetest family, I love you all!!

Aaron & Jayme said...

Love the bag!!!! So adorable!!! And Kylee's little outfit is to die for!!

Alisa and Sky said...

Ok I know I left a comment and I dont know what happened to it, but I love the purse!!! It is super super cute!! I love Kylees outfit and I cant wait to see her in tyler in a week!!


Google