Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Friday, November 30, 2007

Copy Cat Creativity

A couple nights ago I got together with some girls in our ward and we made some cards. I was secretly dreading it because I hate doing anything creative in front of other people, it gives me major anxiety because I feel that it's really a competition to see whose the most creative and I always lose! But my awesome friend Jaime convinced me to go and I'm so glad she did because I had the best time!! It ended up that everyone was supposed to make the same card so all I had to do was copy the one that was done for us...hey, I can do that! I know they're not perfect, but it was fun to try! Anyway, mine turned out to look like this:

The one on the left is a congratulations card for a girl and the one on the right is for a boy. If you click on it I think you'll be able to see it closer up.














Then last night I hung with two of my girlfriends and we made gingerbread houses and watched elf, and then talked till midnight! I just love those girls!! However, I once again felt intimidated by the creative geniuses of my girlfriends so I just copied the design that was on the box for the gingerbread kit. Really, how awesome am I?! :)

But hey, to be able to copy the box exactly takes some skills right?!?!
Side view


Front view-Notice that my Christmas tree is bare-I think I may have used all my candy up when I decorated the roof?!?!


Other side view


Ariel view

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your creativity! I love Stampin Up - isn't it so fun!! Your Gingerbread House is so cute! I copy things on the boxes too.

Rebekah said...

I think the cards are darling. I love the gingerbread house too. Nathan and I have a tradition that we make a gingerbread house every year, we haven't done it yet but we will be sure to post pictures when we do.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm really glad you came to the card making thing. I should have told you we were making the same card. I really stink at making cards too so I would have felt the same way. Your gingerbread house is awesome, no matter if you copied the box. And really, you used different colors on it so it's TOTALLY different than the box! AND it was way better than mine!

PS we love you too! We should start planning something fun for Maranda's birthday!

beckie said...

Angela! Those cards are fantastic. Why do you worry so much about being creative? Although, coming from the perspective of a crafty person I am pretty excited when my crafts are better than those around me (joke)

Now we have to get you behind the sewing machine!


Google