Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Thursday, May 19, 2011

A man and his stick

Last week the weather here was GORGEOUS! (now it's been raining, cloudy and cold for a week straight-hence all the catch up on posts :) ) One day before Bobby headed off to work we took advantage and went for a walk on the Logan River trail. We love walking here during the summer and it's 2 miles so it's a great way to get some exercise while having fun!

Even though Tyler got his bike for Christmas, it's just recently been warm enough for him to start learning to ride it. We probably should have gotten a smaller bike for him, but he's a pro now (still with training wheels) and wants to ride it EVERY. WHERE. We're hoping to get those training wheels off by the end of summer!


This poor, so mis-treated, little girl doesn't have a bike yet so she allows us to push her around in her little car. She props her feet up on the front and pushes the music button over and over and over like she's just cruizin'! Doesn't she looks so grown up here?! (and the headband was an accessory she refused to leave the house without wearing. I'm slowly giving up on all hopes of ever in being in control with her.)




What is it with men/boys and sticks?!?! The second we hit the trail he picked one up off the side of the road.


Good thing though cause how can a young-ish man possibly walk without the help of a stick?


And apparently it comes in handy when wanting to help your kid BLAST OFF like a rocketship on his bike (as in uses the stick to push him really fast).


When we saw one of these (I can't even say the word without screaming) I thought for the first time...I'm so glad Bobby has a stick!


In which I was hoping would be used to kill said reptile not pick it up.


At which point the stick was then used to find more squirmy, slimy thingys. (they found a total of THREE!)




Passing on the tradition...




At least my little princess was scared like me and needed some reassurance from her daddy that everything was going to be just fine.


I don't think I've ever purposefully picked up a stick in my life. Not to build a fire, not to throw, not to walk with. Weird?

3 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Haha men/boys love sticks. Who knows why.

EW to the snake. Russel found a huge rattler in our DRIVEWAY. He ran it over with the car (he was already in the car, driving) like 3 times before it really died. Then he made me come outside and look at it AND take pictures. Gross.

cnelson said...

Oh my heck...this is too funny! There definitely is something about boys/men and sticks! It sure did come in handy, though. Now if it was Ty with that snake I'm sure you would have found it in your bed. Just the other day I was remembering when putting frogs in your bed was his favorite thing. haha!

Rebekah said...

I love Tyler's sunglasses. Maybe it is because I had older brothers (like Bobby...) but I carry sticks too, we need to take you camping, making fires is fun! (I also probably get the pyromania from Bobby).


Google