Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Easter 2011

You know when you get so far behind in posting and all your pictures just start to pile up in your computer files and you know that you need to make a post but you have a billion other things you have to do too, so your posting gets further and further behind until you just decide to stop posting because you're too far behind anyhow?

I kinda feel like life is starting to get that way and I'm doing good if I can post once a month updates that are just holidays or major events. And even once a month feels like a burden. But what about all the little things?! I LOVE the little things. The funny conversations, the simple hand holding while going on a walk that made my day, the cuddling on the couch watching a movie, the meltdowns that make me want to give up, the squeezes that keep me going, kissing Tyler's scrapes away when he falls off his bike, and the 10 little painted pink toenails sitting next to me right now splashing in a puddle.

But none of that gets written down b/c I'm only making time for the "big" things. But I hate that because those little things are what I want to remember, because one day I will look back and realize they were the BIG things. (yes that's a quote by Robert Brault but I LOVE it!!!) So even though sometimes my posts might not make sense to you, or be to wordy for you to read or seem like they are months behind; I'm posting them anyway because it ALL matters to me and I want to remember everything. The good with the bad, the big with the little. Because afterall...this is my LIFE and I LOVE it, but if I don't write it down I might not remember it.

So I guess this is my official apology in advance because I know life will never get less busy and I can't promise I'll always be on top of things, so from here on out this blog will sorta be all over the place, out of order and chaotic. Sorta like my life.

So with that confusing, wordy, very behind apology I present to you...Easter!

These first 2 pics were taken the day before Easter at a city easter egg hunt...(Kylee was too afraid of the bunny to sit on his lap)


Kylee is Jesse and Tyler is being Buzz.


Sat. night Tyler found some magic jellybeans in an easter egg under his pillow!




Since we didn't have a pot of dirt handy (since mom was a little behind on Easter eve) we decided to "plant" them in a jar of marbles. If they're magic jellybeans shouldn't they be able to grow anywhere?!


He made sure to get them all under the marbles so tomorrow we could see what they grew into!


Colorful flower lollipops of course!!! (with tags and everything no less-that is quite the magic)


Then we headed off to church! (also please note Kylee's flower shoes as she is in L-O-V-E (x10) with them. Must wear them everywhere...sigh)


For lunch we (as in bobby and the kids) made easter bunny pancakes!


After naps the kids found clues around the house...


and outside that led them to...


their Easter baskets!


They picked their favorite gift and shouted THANK YOU Easter bunny!


Next we dyed some eggs...




Kylee did every one of her eggs PINK! (her fav fav fav color)




Royce and Mindy invited us over for dinner and then they put on an easter egg hunt for the kids in their back yard.






My two favorite little girls on the planet! (please note Macey's scrunched up nose face-love it.)


The Ellets also surprsied the kids by leaving some small prizes around the yard as well...who wouldn't love a can of Silly String! These kids were in heaven and hearing uncontrollable laughter from these kids sent me straight to cloud 9.




This is Finlee. Tyler's alleged future wife. (that is since both myself and mindy are spoken for)


Too bad she totally hosed them!


They got her back, so now it's cool.


We tried to take a group shot of the kids, but that's always easier said than done. You HAVE to blow this picture up to see the awesomeness though...Finlee's face makes me laugh outloud and Kylee looks PRECIOUS-she's totally hammin' it up; posing and everything!




Going through all their finds.


Something sour?


Eat that chocolate Macey! Show that candy whose boss!




I love Easter!!!

5 comments:

Aaron & Jayme said...

You are too funny. I have been blogging almost 3 posts per week to catch up! I'm finally up to September of LAST year!!

P.S. Adorable kids!

cnelson said...

so cute and fun!!

Just Jaime said...

Haha the blown up photo is awesome. I do the same thing--I write in my journal every day and I feel that I get bogged down with telling the things that I did rather than my thoughts and feelings. Good luck!

Mindy said...

OH man those are the cutest kids that I know . Love them and you to pieces

Rebekah said...

You said it perfectly! Once I get a few weeks behind, the task seems too daunting! Maybe I will try to catch up today...


Google