Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Our Beloved Prophet

At 7 pm today, in his Salt Lake home, our dear President Hinkley passed away at the age of 97 with his family by his side. I feel a bitter-sweet sadness at this time because I know that Pres. Hinkley was very much ready to leave this life and return to Heaven to be with his Savior and wife and is very, very happy now, but at the same time I cannot help feeling so sad because he was an amazing man and prophet of the LDS church for 13 years and I will miss his tenderness, his charisma, his guidance and his testimony. He was truly a witness and disciple of Christ in these latter days and has made a very large impact on my life that I will forever carry with me.


We had just finished giving Tyler his bath and were in his bedroom saying prayers. It was my turn to say the prayer and in it I had asked that Heavenly Father bless Pres. Hinkley, not even realizing he had passed away just an hour before. Minuets after we laid Tyler down we received a phone call from a friend letting us know of Pres. Hinkley's passing. The Lord truly does watch over his sheep and has indeed blessed Pres. Hinkley.


I am so thankful for my testimony and knowledge that we will see those loved ones that we have lost again one day and look forward to the time when I will be able to kneel at my Savior's feet and kiss His hands in thanksgiving for the sacrifice He has made for me.


1 comment:

Rebekah said...

That was beautiful. I was the same as you, when I heard about it last night I was very sad. He really did so much to further the progression of the church. But now that he is with his wife he is certainly happy. We will miss you President Hinkley. Our strength and support go to our future prophet.


Google