Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Impromptu weekend in Idaho

Last Thur. Bobby's sister Rebekah came all the way from TN to spend a couple days with us. It was the first time she'd seen Tyler (besides pictures) and we had lots of fun together playing games, eating out and shopping in Park City!!! (Thank you so much for coming :) )She really spoiled Tyler and brought him a whole bag full of clothes for his Christmas present, he's so lucky to have such nice aunts!

Rebekah's best friend lives in Rexburg, ID and was blessing her little boy on Sun. so Bobby was going to drive her up Sun. morning so she could be there for the blessing (12:30) and spend the next week up in ID with her friend before she had to go back home to TN. Bobby was just turning around and driving straight back. Well Sun. morning I woke up when Bobby woke up (6:30) and decided that I didn't want him driving back alone so I made a spur of the moment decision and told him I was going with him. We had to leave by 7:30 to get Rebekah there on time so we packed up super fast, (anyone who has a baby knows going on any kind of trip-even the grocery store-is an ordeal. You can't just jump in the car and go, you have to make sure you have toys, food, diapers, wipes, blankets, etc) woke Tyler up, dressed him, and were out the door at exactly 7:30.

The drive actually went REALLY well, considering the last "trip" we took with Tyler in the car in July for Bobby's family reunion. He only cried when he was tired and fell asleep within minuets so we were so thankful! We don't know anybody who lives in Rexburg or we probably would have begged and paid lots of money to stay the night so we didn't have to drive straight back! I don't know how long the drive from Orem to Rexburg usually is, but with all the snow it took us 4 1/2 hours each way. The roads were actually more clear in ID than they were in UT which was a good surprise and by the time we were heading home all the roads were clear of snow and ice. And I don't think I have the right to complain about the cold in UT anymore, Rexburg was freezing!! Bobby has a mission friend that lives in Pocatello so we stopped there for about an hour and visited with him, his wife and their baby boy whose just a couple mo. younger than Tyler and it was a really nice break in the trip. They are an adorable family and gave Bobby lots of Malta so he was really excited! (Malta is a South American drink that is horribly nasty, but supposedly all missionaries that served a south american mission love it) So we got home at 8:00 that night, which made for kind of a long day but I have to say I really enjoyed it! I don't think I could ever live in ID, but we're hoping to go back this summer to to some "outdoorsy" things with Bobby's friend and I'm looking forward to it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man what a day! I've driven to Rexburg quite a few times (Russel lived there while we were dating) so I know that drive can stink. I'm glad Tyler was good!

Rebekah said...

I had a GREAT time! I loved spending time with you all. I will send you those pictures when I get home. I can't wait to see you guys again,

Anonymous said...

you had to wake Tyler up at 7:30??? How nice! I wish Jackson would sleep that long! I want an impromtu trip to Idaho!!!

Valerie Housley said...

You should have called us!! We live in Pocatello--we would have loved to have housed you or fed you or something!!! Next time though....:-)

Maranda said...

Fun trip! :) I'm glad the roads weren't bad, they seemed nasty here.


Google