Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Nursery Success!

So you might remember Kylee's first nursery experience that I blogged about here. Miserable, mortifying, and left us with no hope that she would actually ever go to nursery. Welp our lucked changed, stars aligned, prayers were answered, she matured, I don't know. But whatever it was, we are doing the happy, happy, happy dance here at the Bricker house because Kylee has gone to nursery TWO sundays in a row no problems! We have a routine set where after Sacrament meeting Bobby takes Tyler to the bathroom while I take Kylee into our classroom (we team teach the Valiant 8 & 9 year old primary class) and get set up for the lesson. Then he and Tyler come get Kylee and they go to nursery. Tyler flies right in, Kylee hangs back by the door for a couple seconds observing the situation, Bobby gives her a few minuets to adjust to her surroundings, takes her over to wherever Tyler is playing and leaves. And she stays! With no crying! The whole two hours!

Picture after church of Kylee's first day in nursery alone with no tears! (no he did not take his light saber to church it's just the only way I could get him to sit with Kylee for a picture. A compromise of sorts.)


I think the actual thing that solved this (besides the prayers-not going to discount the Lord on this one!) was that Tyler is in her class now. Our ward actually split about a month ago (well most of the stake split really; they turned 4 wards into 6 and we're now in one of the newly created wards-whole 'nother post really if I ever get around to it) and in that previous ward there were 3 nurseries so Kylee and Tyler were in different classes. Now in this ward they only have 2 nurseries, but they both have been listed to be in the same one (not by our request). It really has made a world of difference to have Tyler there and tyler has reported to us both weeks that kylee was "a very good girl and listened to the teachers." Although he also says he doesn't really play with her. Who knows.

He takes very good care of her and we try to encourage that by reminding him that he is the BIG brother so he needs to protect her, and love her and keep her safe. He takes his role pretty seriously and it's kinda adorable. When we cross the street he demands that she holds his hand, when they play outside he reports to us all of her whereabouts, when she does something "dangerous" in the house (like standing up in her high chair) he tells her to stop so she doesn't hurt herself, etc. Each Sunday before nursery we remind him of his role and ask him to watch her in nursery and make sure she's being safe, and to make sure the other kids are nice to her and that she's not scared or lonely. After her very first sunday staying in nursery he said, "well Kylee got a little scared one time so I just knelt down by her and said 'it's okay baby girl don't be scared I'm right here for you.' " I may have shed a tear. ha ha. It was pretty cute though.

Kylee and her protector (please pay special attention to Tyler's face in the following 3 pictures-can you say bored?)






So I thought...I'll get much better pictures if I just go let them play. Enjoy the candids!








Hi. My name is GQ. I'm 3 1/2 years old. I'll be graduating in 2025. I'll be home from my mission in 2028. Look me up.


For those of you who thought, "poor Kylee" in the first couple pictures, don't you worry. She gets her revenge.


This fruit snack princess can definitely hold her own.




5 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Maizeigh calls dibs on GQ!!!!

cnelson said...

Yeah for Kylee and to Tyler for being such the awesome big brother he is!!!

Alisa and Sky said...

Ha ha! Thats to cute! Loved all the pictures! It makes me wish I had kids that close together!

Cierra Johnson said...

You're kids are beautiful! And I love to hear (read) all your stories about teaching them and watching them grow up! It makes me so excited to be a mother! You are inspiring! :)

Mindy said...

Man that makes me wish Mace had such a wonderful big brother like ty. Man I loves those little kiddos.


Google