Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Saturday, January 16, 2010

The new house

Our current (and hopefully for a long while b/c I absolutely detest moving!) place of residence:


Although I wish I could say we owned this house and finally bought our first house together, that is still not the time for us. With Bobby in school and only working part time at the bank, trying to support a family of 4 doesn't leave us with a lot of leftover money for things like a new house. :) So we're still just renting but I couldn't care less if this house was owned by Satan himself, I love it and it is absolutely perfect for us! (okay maybe not Satan, but you know what I mean) It's a brand new 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house with a garage and a backyard. All the rooms are nice and big and the kids have plenty of space to roam and play and get in all kinds of trouble since I can't hear them at all times like I could before. :) Saying that Tyler loves having his OWN room would be a major understatement. He's so good about just playing on his own that if he gets tired of Kylee stealing all his toys, or beating him on the head he'll just go to his room, close the door and play alone for awhile.

Of course I would love to be able to paint and all the other fun stuff you can do when you own a house to really make it "ours", but I don't care one bit! We finally have the space we need for our family and are loving every minute, every second, of living here. It's on the very outskirts of Logan which means it's now about a 15 min. drive for Bobby to get to work and school, so most days he just takes the car but we've had plenty to keep us busy here at home. And we have wonderful friends back in aggie village that invite us over lots to keep us from going stir crazy so we love them for that!

The tour (this is mostly for my family so feel free to skip this part):
The Kitchen


The dining room


The living room-from front door


from the hallway


My favorite thing about the house (okay one of my favorite things) there are fans in the living room and master bedroom! These will be SO nice to have in the summer! (Alisa do you like my clock :))


Hallway from living room to master-we've never had "hallways" before :)


Master Bedroom-from door (LOVE the huge sliding glass door in our room-so much natural light)


standing by bed


Bathroom-the shower/toilet is behind the door you can see in the mirror and the closet is across from the sink area


Laundry-Yay, no more washing clothes in the bathroom and then having to go outside to the back porch to the dryer! Another one of my favorite things :)


Kylee's room-from doorway
*She finally gets to sleep in a crib-no more pack-n-play finally!!! I totally wish she could have cutsie, girly bedding but I just can't justify spending $80 on new bedding for her when she'll only be in the crib for a little bit longer anyway. So Tyler's old stuff will have to do, it's not too "boyish" right? And she actually LOVES animals so she doesn't seem to mind:)


view from the crib. I had to girly up her room a little even if the pink/purple doesn't match the animal stuff. :)


Kylee's favorite part of her room is this little mirror we put up for her. She dances in it, kisses herself and makes silly faces, I love it!


And her current favorite toy is this tea set from her Grandma for Christmas. The teapot plays music and she will push the button over and over and over. I also love that she pretends to eat the little cakes. She doesn't put them in her mouth, she actually just pretends to eat them like Tyler and I do, making the fake eating noises and everything. It's pretty dang cute.


Kid's bathroom-still pretty boring, but I have lots of fun ideas when I can save up some money to do them :)


Tyler's room-
So his mattress is still on the ground till we can save up for a boxspring and frame. When we moved we turned Tyler's toddler bed back into the crib for Kylee and decided to just buy a twin bed for Tyler and skip buying a toddler bed for him.


His desk-crucial when you have a little sister that never allows you to color without stealing all your crayons!


His reading/quiet time area-although Kylee has kinda adopted the little couch as her own :)


toys, toys and more toys


My mom was looking at all these pictures on my camera and when she got to this one she said, "why did you take a picture of your thermostat?!" I said, "Because we have one!" Hello, CENTRAL heat&air. WONDERFULNESS!


So that's it and with all of our stuff slowly getting unpacked, pictures hung up and memories being made, it's starting to feel like home which is a really good feeling.

7 comments:

Rebekah said...

Yay! I love your house, I'm so excited for you! (Even for the thermostat!)

Just Jaime said...

It is SO Pretty!!! I love everything! You must really be happy with it!!! Congrats!

Cierra Johnson said...

I love your new house :) And yes I totally stalk your blog!!!! :)

Maranda said...

Oh my gosh, I love, love, LOVE this house! If I were you I wouldn't EVER move! Who cares if you're renting, it's gorgeous! I would kill for a house like that. I'm so happy for you guys, it looks PERFECT! I'm so glad you posted these pictures because I love seeing pictures of apartments and houses. Maybe I'm weird, but I love this post. Congrats, I'm so glad you guys have such a great place to live and had wonderful holidays. You guys are so cute and have the most adorable family.

Mindy said...

Oh its so cute, I love Kylee's room. We miss you lots :)

Goratrain and Ian-ator said...

So sorry we missed you guys when we were in Logan. We will have to make another trip down sometime. Your house is so cute. I'm sure you guys are loving all the space. You both seem so happy. We miss you loads!

Mary Beth said...

i've been dying to see pictures of your house - its adorable! There's nothing like having a house instead of an apartment - it feels like moving into a mansion! :o)


Google