Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Thursday, January 21, 2010

12 month visit and stats

(Sorry I know I promised the birth story post next, but this one will be shorter so I'm going to do it first)

Kylee had her checkup the week after her bday:
weight:17 lbs 7 oz-6%
height:28 inch-
head circumference: normal

The check up went great and the doctor was excited that she was "on the curve!" in terms of her weight-those of you with smaller babies know what I'm talking about:) He wrote: She's perfect! on her card and they did her footprints for the last time. (at the 18 mo check up they start handprints) She did get SIX seperate shots though so she wasn't a very happy girl, but a sucker from the nurse helped her cheer back up pretty quick! (there were so many b/c I also had her get the H1N1 and the flu shot. I figured she was already getting 4 what's another 2?!) Tyler and I also got those same shots and Tyler was SO brave! He held my hand and when they put the needles in, his eyes welled up with tears and he said with a quivering lip, "Mom. That. Hurt!" I bent over, gave him a quick kiss and that was it. No crying, no screaming, nothing. I was so proud of him that I took him to Burger King for lunch! (not my favorite but I had a .99 kids meal coupon-can't beat that)

Some fun things about Kylee at 1:

  • She hates milk-the doctor recommended putting carnation instant breakfast in it, still hates it
  • LOVES juice
  • Eats everything and anything. It is wonderful!! I never knew children ate more than waffles, chicken nuggets and hot dogs. She already outeats Tyler and what takes him 45 min to eat takes her less than 10.
  • She is not a sleeper! She takes 1-1 hour nap a day (while Tyler still takes 1- 2 1/2 hour nap every day) but she does sleep great at night (12 hours) so I can't complain too much.
  • Gives sweet open-mouthed kisses
  • Waves hello and goodbye
  • folds her arms for prayers
  • flies airplanes and makes the same noise tyler does when he flies them
  • When we tell her it's bath-time she will go into the bathroom, stand by the tub and start yanking on her shirt (trying to take it off)
  • Signs "more" and "all done"
  • Shakes her head profusely up and down when she's answering yes to a question
  • Is very sweet to her baby doll. She gives her kisses, then lays her down on the floor, gently places her blanket on top of her and motions, "shhh" to me
  • Loves to read books. She climbs onto Tyler's little couch in his room, grabs a book off the bookshelf and will look at the pictures over and over.
  • Points to everything she wants so there is NO misunderstanding
  • Has THE biggest attitude! She does this yell thing, it's not a scream, but a yell/grunt thing when she wants something and you don't pay attention the very second she demands it. Then if she doesn't get it she screams at you and starts to hit whatever she's closest to-usually Tyler.
  • She already knows Tyler's buttons and pushes them for fun. Ex: if we're riding in the grocery cart-tyler in the back, Kylee up front-she will turn around and beat him on the head with her fist. I'll say, "Kylee, NO! Don't hit Tyler!" and she will laugh and hit him again because she loves when she makes Tyler whine.
  • When she wakes up from her nap Tyler is always still sleeping and whenever she can escape from me she'll sneak down to his room, sit by his door and pound on it till I can pull her away. She thinks this is hilarious.
  • Loves to dance
  • No longer has a milk allergy, yay!!! (that was seriously the hardest 6 mo. of my life, which I know seems a little exaggatory but I am dead serious. I was not happy person to be around for those 6 mo.)
  • She's walking! Well, she still mostly crawls when she wants to get somewhere fast but if we say, "no kylee, walk" she'll walk. The farthest she's gone is from our bathroom to the kitchen-which is actually a pretty good distance. I tried to upload a video of it last night but my sister said it wasn't working so I took it down and I'll try to figure it out and post it again.
  • "talks" on the phone while holding it behind her ear, like kind of on the back of her head.
  • Shakes her finger at us when we tell her no-it's adorable
  • Says "dada dada dada" SO excitedly when she sees/wants her daddy. Says "mamama" when she's sad and says "tuh tuh" for tyler. She says, "bore" for more and says "yah" for yes.
  • She understands: come on, dance, go, bye bye, yes, no, more, all done, bath, read, nap, quiet, elmo, prayers, fold arms, scriptures, hair, put away, socks, diaper (crawls away quickly when I tell her i'm going to change her), baby, eat (probably her favorite word), kiss, walk. I know there's more but that's all I can think of now and it's past my new bedtime. (I'm trying this go to bed before midnight thing. I'm hoping it will make me less cranky)

    You can stop growing up now Kylee, I'm finding it hard to keep up. Love you.

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

Such a beautiful little girl! Bobby better get the shot gun ready for when she starts dating! The boys are going to be lining up!

The Johnson Family said...

What a doll face! I can't believe she's already 1! Ok for reals, I need to come visit, I keep saying that but I'm serious this time so you just say when and I'm there!

cnelson said...

Such a cutie patootie!!!

Michelle C said...

I'm so behind on your blog! (: She sounds so sweet! (with an attitude too!) She is beautiful!!! Small little thing though huh? I had trouble with Nathan drinking milk. I did a lot of pediasure (although it isn't truly milk, it has a lot of vitamins and minerals). Will she do yogurt or cheese to help with the calcium? I cannot believe Tyler with his nap!! I have the hardest time getting Nathan down, it probably only happens 3 times a week. He becomes a crazy person in the evenings though, he still NEEDS his nap! Funny how when I read about your Tyler, the name doesn't even sound the same! lol

Michelle C said...

I was thinking back to what you wrote and I've never heard of them doing footprints or handprints at the Dr!! Do they do that to see how they're growing or for identification? Do you get to keep any or are they for their records? Hmmm. Oh and 6 shots are THE WORST! That's how many Nathan got at his 1 yr appt too. That's so brave of Tyler. Nathan did a lot better with his shots now that he's 2. It's nice when they don't freak out as much.


Google