Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Friday, May 22, 2009

New Callings

Well it's a shame we didn't take the townhome when we had a chance, 2 chances actually. I guess shame is the wrong word because I am always willing to serve the Lord no matter when, where or how hectic my life is, but I'm kind of wondering why now when it pretty much seems to be impossible to accomplish the task He has asked of me. With Bobby working full time this summer, and going to school, and his calling as Elders Quorum Pres., and just trying to keep my head above water raising 2 kids, I have NO idea how not only me, but my family, will make it out alive-and sane. Maybe I should back up.

About a month ago the waiting list we were on to move into one of the townhomes (do you remember the post I made back in Dec. about getting offered to move into one, but having to turn it down because they wanted us to move in the first week of Jan. but I was due Dec. 31 so couldn't?) well our name came up on the list again and there was one ready for us to move in right away so we walked through it, liked it, wanted to move in, and turned it down. Crazy!!! It's what we'd been waiting for since July of last year, but for some reason it just didn't feel right. We were both really frustrated and weren't sure what we were going to do so after talking about it for a couple days we decided that we really needed more space right now than something "nice" so instead decided to put our name on another waiting list for a 3 bedroom apartment a couple blocks away. Ahhhh! Can we just move already?! Anyways, so about a week after we had turned down the townhome (for the 2nd time) the Stake Pres. asked to meet with us and called Bobby to serve as Elders Quorum Pres. and we kicked ourselves for not taking the townhome (putting us in a different ward) when we had the chance. Then about 2 weeks after that the Bishop asked me to serve as Relief Society Pres. and I called the office and asked if that townhome was still available but they said it was too late. Just kidding...but I thought about it. :)

No, I really am looking forward to being able to serve the sisters in our Relief Society. I LOVE our ward and the sisters are so amazing, and talented, and supportive and I'm thankful for this opportunity to get to know them better. But at the same time I am SO overwhelmed (really an understatement), nervous, feeling immensely inadequate, and unsure of myself. I can't even think about it for too long without needing to take an asprin. From where I stand now I just don't see how it is going to be possible for me to balance all of the things we have going on right now and still give 100% of myself in every area. The only thing I know right now, for sure, is that when we are obedient to the Lord's will we are blessed and He will provide the way for us to accomplish that thing that He has asked us to do. That is THE ONLY reason I said yes to this calling because I know this is not something I can do without His help and guidance. I know from past personal experiences that when we follow His will for us and put our trust in Him 100%, we are blessed. He makes up the difference and gives us the strength we need to succeed if, and when, we take the first step forward in faith. Moving to Logan last year was the most recent example of this (I'm sure many of you remember those...frustrating blog posts from last summer) and I am SO grateful our family made that change in our lives when it is the last thing in the world that we wanted to do and we didn't understand why this is where the Lord wanted us to be. I know that this is where we are supposed to be, and we have been undeservingly blessed for following that counsel from our Heavenly Father. I hope and pray that this new challenge will likewise make our family stronger and bring us closer together even though at this time it's hard to see how that is going to be possible. Any extra prayers tossed our way would be greatly appreciated!

***If your testimony was a little shaken by this news just remember it's the church that's perfect not the people!! Ha Ha! :)

13 comments:

Maranda said...

Ok, I have a couple comments. First, I love your background. Also, I forgot to comment on the treasure box you made for Tyler, and I don't think you are allowed to say you're not crafty anymore. That box is AMAZING! I have no idea how you did it, but I love it. I might ask for one myself ;) And lastly, but certainly not least... Just like I told my brother today when he told me he was called to be the Elders Quorum President in his ward, I think the Lord knows what He's doing and didn't make any mistakes in this decision. You are both so wonderful and amazing, I know you will both do sooo great! I can imagine you are totally overwhelmed, but I also think this is your chance to prove to yourself that you are stronger than you think. I know you can do it, and you are going to be amazing!! Not to say there won't ever be hard days, but it'll all be worth it, without a doubt. I'm so excited for the brothers and sisters in your ward. They are getting two of the best treats they will ever have! I hope they love and appreciate you as much as we do! Good luck!

Michelle C said...

You will do such an amazing job Angela, but I totally feel for you. Obviously the Lord knows that you are going to do amazing and really needs both of you right now because of the very hectic and stressful time you are already experiencing your lives.He wouldn't ask more of you unless he truly needed you right now. He will give you the strength you need. Prayers will definitely be coming your way. Very overwhelming, but truly an honor as well!!

Just Jaime said...

Angela you are so talented and yet so unaware of it. I know you will be an amazing Relief Society president! You have the faith to do so and the Lord will bless you!

Goratrain and Ian-ator said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! I didn't know Bobby was called to be EQ Pres. That alone is a huge calling and especially in a ward that has a lot of moves. you can feel like a single mom just because every spare minute is taken up with him moving someone else's crap (sorry Ian is a 1st counselor to a pres. that is gone a lot). Then to have you be called as RS Pres!!! I would be flipping out. That is the most time consuming calling for a woman in the ward. AND WITH TWO SMALL KIDS! People have been telling me how sorry they are for me being Primary Pres. with two small kids, but I'm only busy and insane for two hours a week. Relief Society Pres. is busy every day, every hour and is dealing with some TOUGH things. Wow. I can't say it enough. You are amazing and I can't imagine how overwhelmed you must be.

Mary Beth said...

Angela, it's nice to know that people go through some of the same things as me (sometimes I think I'm the only one that has these problems) - its nice to know that I'm not the only one that feels pulled in 50 different ways.

The Gould Family said...

I only know you through your blog, but from what I know you'll be a great RS President!! I'm sure the Lord knows what he's doing and I'm sure he called you for a reason and that you're very capable and will be blessed through your efforts. Good luck w/ everything. I hope its not all as stressful as it seems to be at the moment.

Alisa and Sky said...

You do have a lot going on in your life, but i know with out a doubt you will be an AMAZING RS President! It will probably be overwhelming at times, but i know with your faith you will be able to get through those tough times. You and bobby are perfect for those callings!

Ash said...

I usually read your blog in Google Reader, so I am sorry if this is long overdue, but your new background and header are so cute! Did you make them or what? My real reason for coming to your blog, is to tell you how amazing you are, and how excited I am to have you as our President, you will be so wonderful! When I heard it was going to be you, I leaned over to Jon and said, "I told you so. I knew it!" If you need ANYTHING (seriously) please let us know. We are sending twice the prayers your way, for "the leaders in our ward" and our home and visiting teaching families!

dixonfamily said...

WOW!! I do not envy you one bit. With that being said, I know that often the Lord gives us hard things to do because He loves us and wants to bless us. The Lord is asking a lot of your family right now. He'll help you be able to do it. My only advice is, do what is MOST important. Sometimes that means skip the fancy handouts and decorations and spend more time interacting with the sisters. Sometimes that means leave the dishes and cuddle with your kids, and sometimes that means, get yourself a good book to read and some ben and jerry's and take a break. You're awesome and you and Bobby have one sweet and beautiful little family! Love ya!

Jana said...

this is totally a calling for you! and maybe it will be for a short time--just long enough for you to accomplish what the woman of that ward need at this time.

you will love it!

Kylee said...

Angela you will do wonderful in your new calling. When Dave told me what was going to happen when we moved I was cheering for you. I knew it would be hard for you but I know you can do it. Good luck and and I know you will do great.

Rebekah said...

Wow! That does sound like a lot of responsibility for both of you... but I know you guys can do it! I say this never have having a harder calling than primary chorister... So good luck and we will keep you in our prayers!

Matt and Haley said...

Wowzers! That is the calling I probably fear the most. That seems really weird that both you and your husband would be called to such demanding positions...I thought that was supposed to be avoided with the whole 'family first' thing. You guys must be really needed in your ward! You'll do great! Good luck!


Google