Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

4 mo. and 2 Years

So I know Kylee's closer to 5 mo. now than 4 mo., but I feel like I've been running about 2 weeks behind in life altogether right now, so better late than never!

Kylee Stats:
Weight: 10lbs. 15 oz. (10%)
Height: 24 1/4 inch (50%)
*Her appt. was 2 weeks before she was 4 mo. so she would have been a little over 11 lbs. at 4 mo.

(taken today)

Tyler stats-4 mo.
Weight: 12 lbs. 6oz. (10%)
Height: 24 inch. (50%)


Well basically speaking she's healthy, but she dropped the great weight gain she had been having the first several months (went from the 25% in weight at 2 mo. to the 10%) so the doctor said that for some reason she wasn't gaining as much as she should be. I reminded him that she was lactose intolerant and so I had eliminated dairy from my diet right around when she turned 2 mo., and he said that was most likely why her weight gain has slowed so much. Since I'm not getting any of the "good" fats, neither is she so she is not gaining weight properly. He said that I either needed to completely switch her over to formula or, if I still really wanted to breastfeed (which I do), than I needed to put 1 teaspoon of formula into a bottle of breastmilk for every feeding. This would mean that I need to pump before every feeding just so she could get 1 teaspoon of formula- I don't think so. So instead I've decided just to give her 1 bottle of formula (about 6 oz.) every day and nurse her the other times. It's my comprise. Kylee gets some good fat, she still gets some breastmilk and I don't have to pump.



What Kylee's doing at 4 mo.-
She is such a happy baby now that I'm not eating dairy, which makes me feel really bad that I was so frustrated with her the first couple months she was born-it was ALL my fault! She sleeps anywhere from 8-10 hours a night and has a morning, afternoon and evening nap although all vary anywhere from 45 min. to 2 hours depending on the day. (This is still really hard for me to deal with since Tyler was such a perfectly scheduled baby-2 1/2 hour naps every 2 hours on the dot till he was 9 mo. old! And was sleeping 12 hours a night by 6 mo.) She rolled over for the first time the day after she turned 4 mo. and hasn't done it since! She is FASCINATED by her hands, which is really fun for me because Tyler never cared about his. She loves to smile, and smiles the easiest with daddy, but it is SO hard to get her to laugh, so if you get one out of her it feels like a real accomplishment. (This was EXACTLY how Tyler was) Over the past couple weeks she's started to get really good at grabbing at toys that are in front of her and she will reach for anything you put close to her hands. She loves to play in the exersaucer which has been great for me because when she doesn't want to be laying flat on her back or stomach, she has somewhere to sit upright other than my arms. She would watch Tyler all day long if he would satisfy that desire, but he's not too interested in keeping her entertained. I'll say, "Tyler, look at her smiling at you!" and he'll look at her, give her a courtesy smile and go back to whatever it was he was doing. But she really is fascinated by him and the second he walks into her view she doesn't take her eyes off of him. She wakes up SO happy in the morning and I love to hear her little voice cooing in her bassinett next to my bed-what a fantastic way to be woken up! She takes a pacifier, but prefers her fingers. She sucks on as many as can fit in her mouth at once, usually gagging herself in the process, and chews on her thumb. Doesn't suck, just chews. It's wierd. She has the sweetest cry in the whole world and only screams when she is seriously angry because she has given you the cute cries for several minuets and didn't get your attention. She's more cuddly than Tyler was and would let me rock her to sleep everytime she went to sleep if I'd do it (Tyler wouldn't fall asleep unless he was lying in his bed alone) but I don't want to start any bad habits so I don't (but sometimes I hold her a little longer than necessary just because I love it!). She is my sweet baby girl and I can't believe how fast she's growing up! I could kiss her all day, and usually do! I love you Kylee girl!!!





*******Ohhh, and a sidenote, I'm only 2.2 lbs. away from my goal weight of 123. YEA!!!

Tyler stats-2 years old
Weight: 25 lbs. (15%)
Height: 33 1/4 (10%)
Proportion of Weight to Height: 25%


(taken 3 mo. ago right at 2 yrs. old) I chose this picture because it pretty much perfectly shows what his attitude is 90% of the time. Ha ha, I see trouble in the teenage years...

They had their checkups on the same day and the doctor was really great with both of them. We spent quite a bit of time talking about Kylee, but he was really impressed with how active Tyler was and wrote "Very Entertaining" on his card. Isn't that the truth! Oh Tyler, most days I don't know whether to laugh or cry, but am trying to get better at not taking everything so seriously and realizing it's okay that I'm not always perfect, so now we have a lot more laughter than we do tears. You make me the happiest mother in the world and I love how sensitive and caring you are. Every time you're outside you pick me flowers and when you've been out with daddy running errands and come home, you run into my arms and hug me like you haven't seen me in years. When you see me in the morning you SO excitedly say, "Gooooood morning Mommy!!!" and give me a big kiss. You love to sing and dance and every toy you play with comes to life and makes some sort of car or airplane noise-no matter what it is. And although you've decided not to take naps very often anymore, you're still good about going into your room and having a quiet time which I really appreciate. Before you go to bed at night you have to ask me a question and it's the same question every night. You say, "mommy, I have question." and I say, "okay, what's your question?" and you say, "Is the sky blue?" and I say, "Yes, Tyler the sky is blue. Good question." I love your goofy, quirky, sweet, dramatic, and cheerful personality. You light up our life and our home and I wouldn't be the same person without you! I love you Tyler!

8 comments:

cnelson said...

oh I love this big long post with all the details of how they are doing! love all the pics of Miss Kylee...that little outfit is THE CUTEST!

Alisa and Sky said...

Ditto what mom says! Congrats on the weight loss thats exciting!! I cant wait to see you guys next week!!

Aaron & Jayme said...

I was totally laughing at her weight and height. My friend just had her baby boy and he weighed MORE than her when he was born and was only like an inch shorter! lol.

She's totally adorable though!

Brad said...

Hey Brickers! Good to hear from you! I miss Bobby as my HT partner as well! I have only gotten 100% once since then. :-(

Keep in touch!

-Brad

Matt and Haley said...

I'm hoping for better sleepers after Caleb because he sure was/is tough. I can count on one hand the number of times he's slept more than 11 hours at night, and he's almost 2 years old! He just always wants to go, go, go and says 'outside' all day long--and you know what Houston weather is like right now!

So how have you kept up with the weight loss? Cutting out dairy?

Michelle C said...

He just sounds so sweet. That is really interesting that Tyler and Kylee both were at 10% for weight and 15 % for height (do I have that right?) at their 4 month check ups!

I am AMAZED on how well Kylee is doing with sleeping. That sounds amazing, although you said it was hard compared to Tyler! I hope my next baby wants to sleep. Nathan would only take 2 - 20 minute naps and be up almost every hour at night. I'm going to try the babywise thing and I'm in the middle of the book right now. It claims that it was my fault that Nathan didn't sleep well. Oh well, we try right? Did you use babywise with tyler to get him to sleep so well?

you're such a trooper with the dairy thing. good for you to want to keep breastfeeding. I never liked to pump either, it was too much of a hassle. Good luck with the formula.

Mary Beth said...

your children are gorgeous - you are gorgeous and I'm jealous and you being so close to your goal weight!

Rebekah said...

I love the updates! You make being a mother sound so wonderful, it makes me even more excited than I was before to have a baby! I am so excited that I am having a girl so that Emma and Kylee can be close!


Google