Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Songs of the heart

Last Sun. the couple sitting behind us (with no kids) mentioned how impressed they were with Tyler's behavior during the meeting. I kind of laughed and said, "Well, ya until the closing song when he serenaded you and the rest of the congregation with I Need Thee Every Hour. Sorry about that, he probably walked the spirit right out the door for you." She replied, "The opposite actually. You can tell he loves to sing and how could you possibly get mad at a child for loving church and wanting to be here. Little children have an amazing spirit about them and he was just sharing his with us." That comment really made me think. (He literally was singing at the top of his voice during the closing song and he was 100% serious about it. I was totally embarrassed because several people were looking at him and chuckling, as I was desperately trying to remind him that although I loved his singing, he needed to do it quietly. He wasn't in the least bit trying to be funny. He honest to goodness loves to sing-especially during church for some reason- and gets very into the music. He holds the hymn book up with one hand and leads the music with the other as he watches the chorister...it's pretty darn cute. He loves music, especially primary songs and hymns and can constantly be found walking around our house with hymn book in tow, singing at the top of his lungs.) Her comment reminded me that Heavenly Father does love the little children and I'm sure would not reprimand them for singing hymns and expressing their way of feeling the spirit during church (because that's really what I believe he's doing) so I should not do so either. (Although we will be talking about, and practicing, singing reverently at home this week :) ) I love my little boy and am so thankful for the lessons I am learning from him on a daily basis.

7 comments:

Goratrain and Ian-ator said...

Oh my goodness! Tyler looks so big!!! How adorable in his shirt and tie! Love it! Can I possibly use one more exclamation point!

Wow, so where do I get friends like that in my ward. Give me the hook-up, Angela.

Anonymous said...

Check out those blue eyes! OH MY GOSH I MISS YOU GUYS!

Rebekah said...

That picture is so adorable! I may be a little biased, but he has got to be the cutest little guy ever!

Joy said...

Yes let him sing his heart out! So sweet. Chase has stayed in sacrament meeting about twice, ever, since he was tiny. So... Tyler's amazing! I agree with you about parents making their kids sit through the meeting. Some people even don't let their kids have any toys, books, or even pen and paper to help them get through the meeting! I agree that kids shouldn't be rewarded by taking them out and letting them play when they act up, but at the same time, they aren't able to SIT that long and listen to something they can't even comprehend! Everyone has to decide for themselves, I guess!

Just Jaime! said...

How sweet! I love Tyler!

Anonymous said...

Tyler looks EXACTLY like Ty in that picture. I love that he sings loud. that is so precious and how can you help but feel the spirit when a child is singing. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Michelle C said...

That is adorable! I love it.


Google