Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

BOO!

So last night I learned that I need to be a little more selective in picking out our Family Home Evening topics. Being the month of October every store you go in has their Halloween decorations out including scary ghosts and goblins and pumpkins and costumes, etc. As we've come to find out Tyler is deathly afraid of most Halloween decorations (the ones where their eyes blink with red lights or talk with the scary voices and/or are motion censored) so to try to get him to understand that it's all just pretend and they can't really hurt him we've taught him that the scary ghosts says BOO! And we say it all funny and make funny shapes with our mouth and he loves it. Whenever he sees a ghost now in the store he tells it BOO and thinks he's so funny. Well last night for FHE the lesson was on the Holy Ghost. I started out by talking about the spirit and I asked him to say, "spirit". Then I told him that another name the spirit goes by is the Holy Ghost and I asked him if he could say "Holy Ghost". He looked up at Bobby and smiled then turned to me and shouted, "BOO!" I know we probably shouldn't have laughed but it totally caught us off guard and we busted up laughing, which of course only encouraged him to do it more. I tried to explain to him that the Holy Ghost was a different kind of Ghost-not a scary one that says Boo-but in his little toddler mind a ghost is a ghost and no amount of explaining it to him was going to change his mind. So throughout the entire lesson whenever I would say, "Holy Ghost" he would say, "BOO". Not so sure that lesson was very effective. Maybe we'll have to try it again when it's NOT October!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was so cute! thanks for sharing.

Pilkington Family said...

He is so cute and such a funny story! Emma is very afraid of things like that too...So that is a good idea to hopefully make it not as scary for her. Now maybe we can go through the Halloween isle without her clinging onto me for dear life!

Alisa and Sky said...

ha ha it still cracks me up even though I have already heard the story! i love tyler...i miss him so much! give him kisses for me! oh and tell mom and alena hi :)


Google