Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Shopping and a pumpkin patch..."WOW!"

The end of last week, in Utah, was UEA so my sister Alena was out of school for a couple days and her and my mom decided to make the trek up to Logan to spend those days with us! Once these winter months hit it will be almost impossible to travel to/from Logan because it's too dangerous to drive through the canyon (if it's even open) so we have to make the most of EVERY chance we have to visit one another now before we don't get to see each other for months! The visit was way too short, but SOOOO fun. My mom spoiled us rotten and we ate up every minute of it! She took us out to dinner twice, lunch twice (which is HUGE for us because we never get to go out anymore-and because going out to eat is probably my most favorite thing ever!!) a movie(MAMMA MIA- too fabulous for words! And a big thanks to Bobby for watching Tyler so I could enjoy some super quality girl time), where we of course pigged out on candy, soda and popcorn, and took us shopping, shopping, shopping!

I've heard that the shopping is way better in Ogden than Logan, (and honestly how could it not be, there are NO good stores here. Seriously, not ONE child's store.) so we spent one afternoon at the mall in Ogden and found some really cute church and winter clothes for Tyler. The next day we stuck around here and did some local shopping and got some really cute clothes for my baby girl that I can't wait to dress her in. (having a girl is going to be so much fun!) My mom also found a really cute Halloween costume for Tyler at Old Navy, a BAT, that we're trying to get him excited about-he's not too fond of the head piece thingy.

She really wanted to get Tyler his very own pumpkin before she left so one afternoon we ventured out to find a pumpkin patch. We were told about one in North Logan but I had never been so we just took the persons word for it...not the greatest idea. It was a pumpkin patch in the sense that there were pumpkins on vines and you could choose your own, but I was hoping for something a little...better. Unfortunately we didn't have time to scout around for something else so we made do and we did find Tyler the perfect pumpkin that he LOVES! Seriously, he asks to play with it every day. How do you "play" with a pumpkin? I don't know, but he does it.

Their "quality" pumpkins all set up on a trailer.


But we wanted to find and pick our own pumpkin so we ventured out into the patch...


They had some horses in a corral next to the patch that Tyler loved and wanted to pet SO bad.




I was NOT such a fan!!








Tyler found this pumpkin and claimed it as his


Does he know how to pick his pumpkins or what? It's just perfect for him!


Showing it some love


The only way we could get him to sit on the trailer and take some pictures was to let him hold the rock he found, and would not part with.


A bunch of random pictures of Tyler with his pumpkin (and rock) on the trailer.










We kept trying to get him to say, "cheese" but the only thing he wanted to do was show us the sand that he kept scraping off the trailer. (notice the rock still in hand)


We were both "fake" laughing. I always throw my head back and he bends over forward when we fake laugh and he thinks it's so funny.


My gorgeous sister!


When we finally let him down the only thing he wanted to do was pick up these rocks...


...and drop them one by one into the hole on the side of the trailer. He's such a boy!


After the pumpkin patch we picked Bobby up from work and went to The Sizzler for dinner for some yummy steaks and salads!

(***Okay, I know I'm not going to do this story justice because it's one of those things were you just had to be there or you have to hear my mom tell it in person, but I'll try.)

Tyler was being so good AND funny! As I've mentioned before he loves to sing and no matter where we are wants to sing all his favorite songs. So we sang Popcorn Popping, Twinkle Twinkle little Star, Row Row Row your Boat, ABC's and Once there was a Snowman several times (ALL actions included). During one of the renditions of Twinkle Twinkle he started to go poo-ironically. (you can tell because his face gets all red, he holds onto the nearest solid object-as if to put himself in the best pushing position, and...pushes.) After he was "done" he leaned over in his chair, pointed to his bum and said, "WOW!" He never says anything after he goes to the bathroom, he just goes back to whatever he was doing before so we all busted up laughing. At this point we were all done with our meals and were just goofing around with Tyler and talking so we decided to just wait and change him when we got home. (I HATE changing him in public restrooms) We sat there for probably another 5 minuets or so and continued to sing some more songs where he would periodically lean over, point to his bum and say, "WOW!" We all just thought this was really funny and that he was just doing it because we laughed when he said it the first time. I know now that if my child says "wow" after he takes a poo it means WOW in every sense of the word. When we decided to leave, Alena picked him up out of his chair and carried him out to the car where she handed him to me to put in his car seat. He kept flexing his legs though and wouldn't let me sit him down so as I'm trying to reason with him to sit in his seat I hear Bobby say, "OH MY GOSH ALENA, WHAT is on your shirt?!" Then I hear my mom gasp and Alena scream,"ooohhhh gross!" I quickly pulled my head out of the car to see what was going on, while still holding Tyler, and look at Alena. Her shirt looked like this:


The car got a little love too (don't ask me how, we're still not really sure how all this happened)


After I had already wiped his entire back off. It was spread all the way up to his shoulder.


A little of the evidence


(For those of you who know my poo story, you're probably thinking, like mother like son!) We didn't get too many pictures (which is probably a good thing) because I was just in a hurry to clean everything up because it was freezing outside and we had to strip him down, but let me just say this. It was the grossest thing I have ever had to clean. Somehow we all managed to get some poo on us. It was disgusting, yet somehow wildly hilarious. He hasn't had a blowout since he was a baby and for the first couple seconds before what really happened had settled in we were dying laughing because as we looked around we saw it on more and more places and were pointing out where it was on everyone's clothes. Poor Tyler was just standing in the middle of us SO confused. I'm sure we were quite the site in the parking lot. Thankfully we live less than 5 minutes from where we were because we all needed to change when we got home. Our car by the way, smells lovely.

Why do almost all of my stories contain some kind of gross bodily function? I promise we're really not that weird...or gross. Thanks again mom and Alena for all the fun, spoiling, and adventure. We miss you already and can't wait till Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

TOO FUNNY! I can't wait til Jake can make comments on his poop! Good thing Tyler is so stinkin cute...No pun intended! ha ha

eden and david said...

oh my goodness too funny! he is such a cut boy.

Alisa and Sky said...

ha ha yes i love the story! so funny and definitly one to remember! I wish I could have come up with mom! Hopefully we will be able to see you guys for thanksgiving!

Rebekah said...

You really know how to make me bust up laughing, everyone here in the house must think I'm a crazy person. I love the picture of you and Tyler 'fake' laughing, it is quite adorable. My little nephew is, of course, as adorable as ever in his other pictures. So what can I start calling my niece? Any names yet??

Maranda said...

Yes, it's true, I was thinking, like mother like son :) I also find it hilarious that you took the time to stop and take pictures of all the poop! You're the best!


Google