Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Thursday, October 9, 2008

28 Week Appointment

Today was my 28 week appointment and glucose test-not something I was particularly worried about. I had the same test when I was pregnant with Tyler and everything went fine. I mean the drink isn't all that great, but I don't mind it and the results came back fine so I didn't have to worry about gestational diabetes. Today I followed the instructions that they gave me last month exactly as they were written:
Eat a meal normal for you. One hour later drink the glucose drink. One hour later have your blood drawn.

My appt. was at 1:45 so at 11:45 I ate lunch ( 1/2 a chicken breast, rice, veges, salad). 12:45 I drank 10 oz. of orange liquid goodiness. 1:35, as I'm walking out the door to my appt., throw up everywhere. Wait, what?! That wasn't part of the instructions. Ugh, it was SO gross. I have no idea what happened. One minute I'm fine, the next minute I feel really sick to my stomach, the next minute I'm throwing up. I ran from the front door to the kitchen with my hand over my mouth while puke was spewing out in all directions (as Bobby kindly pointed out to me later, it would be better if I would just bend over and throw up than put my hand in front of my mouth and run because then it spews all over the house-walls, kitchen cabinets, floor-instead of staying in just one spot. Is that gross enough for you?). It was all over my clothes, face, hair, Bobby, our kitchen, etc. I am SOOO thankful he was home and that he is patient, loving and not easily grossed out. He cleaned up ALL of it. Yep, washed all the counters, cabinets, floor, dishes and me. (some of you may being having flashbacks to a smiliar episode in which Bobby had to do to quite the clean up job for me :)) But that's not even the worst of it!

I've been trying to be really good about drinking water, which is a pretty big task for me because I hate water-no flavor. Over the last 2 months I've really pushed myself to drink, drink, drink and I usually drink about 72 oz. of water a day. Last month before my 24 week appt. I had drank a lot of water in the morning and had to go to the bathroom SO bad before my appt. so I went ahead and went right before we left thinking I had drank enough that I would probably need to go again once I was there(every appt. they take a urine sample from you). Wrong! I couldn't give that nurse one droppling and I tried every trick in the book. She just laughed about it though and told me it was okay, they would just get one next month (my appt. today).

So I drank a normal amount of water this morning and when I felt the urge to go (about 12:00-almost 2 hrs. before my appt) I decided to hold it because I didn't want that to happen again this month. Of course "holding it" isn't the smartest or most comfortable thing to do when you're pregnant and my need to go got worse and worse every half hour that ticked on. Bobby told me to just sit on the couch and not move and that would help keep "it" in. So that's what I did and was pretty proud of myself when 1:30 rolled around and I was about to walk out the door to the doctors with a bladder filled to the max. That nurse was going to be so proud of me!

Funny thing happened though, when I was throwing up the muscles I had been using to secure the pee-pee in the comforts of my bladder no longer were being used there because they were being used to assist with my up-chuck reflexes. So what happened? I peed my pants. Yes ladies and gentlemen you read that right. I PEED MY PANTS! And I had no control, it was the weirdest feeling ever. I could feel it trickling (okay more like rushing) down my leg but I could not contract my muscles in order to make it stop! (apparently someone needs to start doing their kegals) Meanwhile Bobby is standing behind me and starts busting up laughing as my pants are turning from a light blue jean to a dark blue jean. I turned around very slowly and he just looks at me shaking his head and while laughing tells me I should probably go call the doctor and ask them what they want me to do.

So I strip down, wash off best I could and called the doctor who tells me I need to just come in for my appt. right away (I was already late) and they'll give me another drink to take. So I give myself a quick whore's bath, re-dress myself, and head out the door. Thankfully I didn't completely empty my bladder during my episode and still had enough stored away to leave them a nice sample. Blood pressure was good, weight not so good, baby's heartbeat perfect!

So I have a nice new bottle of orange goodiness that I will be taking tomorrow. Wish me luck!

28 weeks
(don't worry this was taken AFTER I changed my clothes-hence the reason there's no face shot, I was NOT in the mood!) I decided since I had to change anyways that I would just wear the same shirt I took my 24 week picture in so that I could really see the change in the belly.


24 weeks

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry I laughed, but I did. You are so honest - love it!
I would say the reason you threw up was because you're not supposed to eat when you drink that crap - I couldn't eat after midnight the night before.

Just Jaime said...

The first part was gross the second part made it all worth it. LOVE your stories and your blog and YOU!

The Johnson Family said...

poor thing! I'm sorry but I did laugh, I couldn't help it. I HATE that stupid drink. I had high blood sugar so I had to do that dumb test again and sit in the lab for 3 hours! I hope yours comes out ok like last time. Good luck!

Brian and Cami said...

Angela, you are so funny! I remember how blunt you are and I miss it! Remember that day we went to Denny's or IHOP or something with our bras outside our shirts??? Good luck at your appt ;)

dixonfamily said...

Seriously I almost peed my pants reading this!! I know it must have been miserable for you, but it is hilarious in the telling! I am so glad that you decided to document the experience. You'll be so happy later to read that to your kids!! You are so cute and funny. I hope that everything goes well with round two with the yummy orange soda!!

Anonymous said...

I freakin love your honesty! Um when my blood sugar is high is makes me nauseous, maybe you just had to much sugar, maybe the baby didn't like the orange flavored one? Speaking of baby, do you have any names for her yet?

Rebekah said...

You can make some of the most miserable experiences funny! I'm sorry you had a bad day.

The Johnson Family said...

Lets plan a time to get together and do hair! Whens good for you?

Aaron & Jayme said...

I am in TEARS, not because I feel horrible but because I'm laughing so hard!!
Guess it runs in the family! I had to drink that stuff at the Dr.'s office so they could keep an eye on me because it made me so sick.

Maranda said...

1. I love your blog background. 2. You have the best stories ever!


Google