Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Saturday, April 5, 2008

We're here!

In St. George that is. My sister's due date was last Thur. and she still has not had her baby :(. The doctor is going to induce her on Tues. if she hasn't had it by then and I really wanted to be here when the baby was born, (Originally we weren't planning on coming down until the last weekend in April since Bobby has finals he has to study for) so I made an impromptu decision this morning and decided to come down with just Tyler and stay for the next week.

Let me tell you a little about my trip down and some thoughts I had on my journey. First of all, you must know that I am a really good singer. Like, amazing actually. I would definately win American Idol no problem, I just choose not to try out because I don't want to be famous. Or rich. But, my singing would pretty much rock your socks off. So, I've been driving about 2 hours now, Tyler's asleep in the back and the 64 oz. Dr. Pepper I just finished off has either not kicked in or has no effect on me because I am seconds away from dozing off. I do however have to go to the bathroom VERY bad and my squirming to keep "it" in is probably the only thing keeping me awake. (Funny how blessings come in different ways) I do NOT want to pull over at a rest stop because I want Tyler to sleep as long as possible, but if I don't do something soon I will need a new pair of pants and a re-upholstered seat cushion. I seriously debate whether or not to utilize the bottle lying, oh so empty, next to me. I contemplate. Nobody would ever know about this (unless of course I choose to blog about it to the world), I'm sure I could manage to get most of "it" in there thanks to the blessing of cruise control and I'm going fast enough that anybody I passed would be long gone before they realized what they just saw. Thankfully Tyler wakes up 2 miles before the next gas station exist. You may all breathe a sigh of relief.

Back in the car, and to the reason for my aforementioned singing talent, I'm still really sleepy and Tyler is starting to get fidgety, so I decide it's time to let loose and party! Cue the music. I don't know if any of you have ever really rocked out while driving in your car, (by yourself, it doesn't count if you're with friends, that's easy) and I mean like the whole shebang. Hands flying, shoulders bumpin', open mouth singing with your coke bottle as the mike and extreme use of facial expressions, it is SO fun! Very theraputic. So there I am, driving down the freeway with the wind in my hair, and not a care in the world, partying down with the Spice Girls deciding which one I would most likely take the place of. As I'm doing this, I get several looks of anything that ranged from pity to laughter, but I couldn't care less because I know I look really hot. Hot like in the Paris Hilton way, not as in the temperature way right, when this truck with 3 guys passes me. They're only several feet in front of me when I see them tap their brakes and begin slowing down. So now I'm thinking, oh yea, I still got it. My car pulls up equal to where theirs' is and I glance over thinking, okay I'll make their day and give them a little winky wink. So imagine my total dismay when instead of nods and smiles from the teeny boppers I get pointing fingers, laughter and nods that go horizontal instead of vertical. I blush a nice shade of red for them and allow them to zoom past me so that I can eat their dust. Whatever, I'm still hot. Only now, it is a temperature thing. Tyler starts screaming in the back and I am quickly brought back down to planet earth and remember I'm a mother not a rock star. And although our pay differs by the...millions, I feel I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be, doing exactly what it is I'm supposed to be doing with my life and have chosen the perfect career for me. And I would never have it any other way. But I could, if I wanted to. You know, be a singer.

9 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

girl, you are too funny! I too am a total rockstar car singer!(lol) I wish we were closer, I miss our ghetto days!

Anonymous said...

you're hilarious!!! I love your stories

eden and david said...

too too funny. i can picture it in my head now. :)

Rebekah said...

You crack me up Angela! I know what you mean about rockin it in the car, I love to jam when no one I know could possibly see me!

Maranda said...

Ah! You're my hero! That is my favorite thing to do. I love those rare times when I am in the car by myself because I can crank it up and sing and dance my heart out all the way to the store, and back! You're so HOT! If I was in that car of boys, I would be wishing for a little winky wink.
- Maranda

Maranda said...

Oh yeah, and I'm really sad you won't be here for Idol this week, but I hope your sister has her baby soon and everything goes well! Let us know if you need us to check on Bobby for you :)

Anonymous said...

Oh that was so funny! Of course you're hot! And of course I've totally done that before!

Goratrain and Ian-ator said...

Never has a story made me miss someone so desperately. You need to come to Washington!

Joy said...

Oh my goodness that was the funniest little thing I've read in a while! Maybe while you're debating about trying out for American Idol, you could be a writer! Love it. :)


Google