Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Thursday, March 6, 2008

It pays to be nice!

Last night I went to get my hair done (cut/color-I didn't post a picture because it really doesn't look that different, just a little more...fresh). My appointment was at 6:30 and I was about 5 min. early. I walked in and there was nobody getting there hair done, just 3 stylist sitting at the front desk talking. I told them I had an appointment and they start whispering behind the desk about something that I couldn't hear and then one of them turns back to me and asks if I can come back in 30 min. I was a little bugged because if someone else needed a haircut at the same time MY appt. was, why didn't one of the other 3 girls who were doing NOTHING do it! And it's not like I was a new, walk-in customer or anything, I've been going her for 3 years! However, I'm not one to demand things be done a certain way...okay Bobby would probably disagree, but he's not here so...I tell them it's not a big deal and leave. Really, it's nice to get out of the house and have a couple hours to myself, and since my salon is in the mall having 30 extra min. to shop is NOT a problem!

I go back at 7:00 and there is still nobody in the salon and the same 3 girls are sitting up at the desk chatting. Whatever! So she takes me back to put my smock on and explains to me what happened. I guess right before I walked in Marie Osmond had called and asked MY stylist to cut a couple of her boys hair. She said she was totally caught off gaurd by it because she doesn't know who would have referred her to Marie, and she said yes without really thinking about it. As she's explaining this to me in walks Marie to pay for her boys haircuts, she is SOOO stinkin' skinny! I know she said she lost a lot of weight during Dancing with the Stars, but wow! She is so pretty!

Anyway, so my stylist felt really bad about giving me the boot, and kept apologizing and telling me how nice I was about the whole thing. She said if it had been her she would have demanded an explanation, so she really appreciated that I was so easy going about it. Like I said, couple extra min. to myself, NOT a problem! And then at the end of my cut she gave me a shampoo and conditioner ($27.00 value) for free! Which happens to work out perfectly since I just ran out! Hmmm, pays (litteraly) to be nice!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oo I'll have to tell you my Marie Osman run in some time!!

Maranda said...

Wow, it's always fun to run into celebrities! And SCORE on the shampoo and conditioner!

Goratrain and Ian-ator said...

I get so excited over free stuff and run-ins with famous people. I once saw Tony Danza at the SLC airport and thought I would crap my pants. Yes, I was madly in-love with him when I was about 9 years-old. He was so dreamy, but in person kind of a large head (his poofy hair didn't help that!).


Google