Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Monday, March 10, 2008

BLAH!

So we caught the flu bug and it has been nothing but gross in our house this weekend! Sat. night around 7:00 Bobby said his stomach was feeling a little gross and went to bed. I went to bed around 10:00 still feeling totally fine, just to be awakened at midnight with an incredible pain in my stomach. I couldn't even lay in bed it was hurting so bad so I went and sat in the bathroom and sure enough lunch and dinner came back to pay me a visit (orange chicken and honey-nut Cheerios are NOT a good mix). While I'm doing my business in the toilet, in runs Bobby and distributes his business in the sink, we were quite the sight I'm sure. So off and on all Sat. night Bobby and I took turns having involuntary seconds of food. I spent most of the night on the bathroom floor, which turns out is not as uncomfortable as I thought it would be.

When Tyler woke up Sun. morning we both just looked at each other and groaned because neither of us had any energy to get him out of bed and feed him breakfast. It's just not fair for BOTH of us to be sick and not be able to take care of our baby. Fortunately, my sister came over for awhile to play with him so we could get a little rest. Unfortunately, thinking it was just food poisoning from our previous days' encounter with the food court in the mall we weren't too worried about keeping any distance from Tyler, which of course turned out to be a mistake.

As sun. night rolled around Bobby and I both started to feel a lot better which was good since we had already made an appointment to get family pictures taken Mon. morning up in West Jordan with a photographer driving down from Logan. After we say prayers together, Bobby leaves and I rock Tyler and sing him primary songs for a couple min., and as I was rocking him he threw up ALL over me. Down my shirt, in my hair, ear, and all over himself. It was by far the grossest thing that has ever happened to me! Now that he's eating all sorts of food the texture and smell was disgusting. He threw up every 30 min. for the next couple hours and finally fell back to sleep at midnight and didn't throw up again all night. Which was good because we were out of clean blankets to wrap him in!

This morning, miraculously, we all woke up feeling great! Tyler was running around the house laughing and playing with his toys, so we decided to go ahead and take the family pictures that I was just minuets from cancelling. I don't know what kind of bug we had, but I'm so glad it's gone!

4 comments:

Maranda said...

Oh my! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Throwing up is my absolute least favorite thing to do in the whole world. I'm glad you got some rest and feel better today! I'm so excited to see your pictures! Can you bring them tomorrow? Oh, we can watch American Idol at my place if you want, since we don't have to TiVo anymore :)

dixonfamily said...

I am soooo sorry! Vomit is by far the most disgusting thing ever. I am glad that it came and went pretty quick though and that you were able to go get your pictures!

Anonymous said...

Weird - b/c yesterday I had some stomach bug/food poisoning thing too, and well - it wasn't pretty on crutches (broken ankle), so um I am sad for Mr. Tyler - but glad you guys are better!! It would have been awesome if bobby got a picture of you when yah - Tyler barfed - I would pay to see that one!! I have to say it made me laugh.... :) I am excited to see the family pics too!!!

Rebekah said...

I am so sorry guys! It sucks to be sick, and I can imagine it sucks even more with you both being sick. I am glad you are feeling better. Give Tyler a hug and kiss from his dad's favorite sister!


Google