Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Friday, October 26, 2007

Impromptu date night

The perks of having your sister live with you:
-girl time/talk again (b/c we all know boy's just don't do talking justice)
-someone to paint the nails-neatly- on your "other" hand
-someone to watch chick flicks with-that doesn't constantly crack jokes through the whole thing
-someone to steal feminine products from when you run out
-someone that can babysit for you on a last minute notice so you and your husband can do something alone...even if that something is washing the car together

Last night we had just put Tyler to bed and Bobby said he was going to wash the car. (Which means; wash by hand, dry by hand, clean and vaccuum the inside, detail the inside, and rub shiny oily stuff on the wheels.) The car wash is just "not good enough"-per Bobby. So I was like, hey lets do it together and he was like oh yea, you can come with me this time since Amanda can stay here and watch the baby. So we spent an hour and a half last night, just the two of us, washing both our cars (we had to go to a car wash place b/c they have the vaccuums) talking and laughing and making fun of each other and it was SO fun! I have to say it's one of the best dates we've ever been on and it costs us less then $5.00 (we wen't inside the gas station and got a chocolate milk and bag of m&m's to share while we were working.) I'm pretty sure I'm the luckiest wife in the world!

Do you have any cute/random date stories?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, I love it- what a fun idea!!! I think I'm going to drop Jackson off at Christi's one day and go wash my car with Kevin - good idea!

dixonfamily said...

That sounds like so much fun! I wish my sister lived with me so she could babysit. The young women in our ward won't even babysit for money. Needless to say, we don't go out much. I am so glad that you guys are so happy! You have such a sweet little family!

Rebekah said...

Well, since we don't have any kids we can go out whenever we want... This isn't a date thing, but we were watching HGTV today and we decided to completely change our living room around, and then we went out and found a huge mirror on sale for $40. Then we went out to eat. It was a lot of fun, and we had to clean and de-clutter the living room in order to move stuff. So it was productive fun. I have never had the joy of having a sister, I am stuck with a bunch of brothers.


Google