Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Makin' the bed

Tyler loves to make his bed. Weird right? But SO awesome! He loves to be organized, to clean his room, to put everything in its correct spot and to accomplish lists. Oh my gosh...he's me! But seriously, he really does every one of those things all the time of his own free will. In the morning...or whenever I ask him to do something...he'll say, "okay mom, tell me everything I have to do and see if I can remember." So I'll usually give him a list of 5 or so things I want him to do and in what order they need to be done (some easy/fast things and some things that take awhile so he has to remember for a longer amount of time) and he'll repeat back to me the list one time and go off on his way to get them all done. And then he wants to be praised over and over and over for remembering all of the things and doing them well! Ha ha he's so funny! But the praise is definitely well earned as I am always pretty impressed at his ability to remember and complete his tasks without getting too sidetracked. That he did NOT AT ALL get from me. I have a horrible, HORRIBLE memory-and I get side-tracked all day long, which I just call multi-tasking- so he can thank his smarty pants daddy for that one!

One particular day, my bed hadn't been made yet and he said, "mom, can I make your bed?!" "Sure" I laughed, "go for it!" And I have to say, I was shocked (he's even better than his dad!) Even though the pillows were all turned upside down :), he got the sheets flat, the comforter flat and all the pillows on the bed in the correct order! And I didn't help him with any part of it!


Hopefully this character trait will be one that lasts!

2 comments:

cnelson said...

He does have an AMAZING memory!!! Now he needs to come to St. George and make Grandma's bed...haha! Good JOB Tyler!

Maranda said...

He is amazing! Sounds like he could teach Ryan a thing or two ;)


Google