Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Love Note

So sometimes I'm a snot. What?! I know, I'm a little surprised myself. But I'm dealing with it. Accepting it. Admitting it. Overcoming it? I wouldn't go that far, but maybe learning from it? Yes. Now I'm trying to learn from it. Being a snot is unattractive (obviously) and annoying at best and I'm learning that the only thing being sassy (the nicer way to say being a snot...I'm trying to help myself out here a little) does is make me UN-happy.

Over the last month or so I've made a really, really BIG, conscious effort to stop being a sass. I sometimes literally bite my tongue to keep from saying something hurtful or avoid making a comment that I know will send us into a 2 hour heated debate. This is especially hard when I {KNOW} :) I'm right and can't stand to just let it go. But I AM trying and I AM learning from my mistakes and I DO have a husband that is patient and shows me love when I DON'T deserve it.

One morning, after an especially *sassy* night, I found this love note it my bathroom drawer after the hubs had already left for work:


What you can't read that?! You don't speak computer cheec? (pronounced shee-k...like geek mixed with chic. Get it? Like the girl version of computer geek? Oh my gosh I'm so cool. Did I totally just start a new word?!) Ok fine...Let me help you out...


Still no? Really? Okay I'll decipher for all you un-computer cheec's. :) It's a QR code, which I'm sure you've seen EVERYWHERE. Back of magazines, newspapers, even my Taco Bell cup had one! They are codes that, using the QR code app on your smartphone(which we just recently acquired due to the non-stop begging of my husband...and we were up for new phones), allows you to scan the image using your phones camera which then gives you a message, takes you to a website, leaves you information about a product, etc. My dear sweet little husband wrote me my very own personal QR code, printed it out, and left it in my drawer(the poor thing just can't help it, he's a computer science major :) ) that, when scanned by my phone, read this:

I was really glad I was listening a couple days beforehand when he explained to me how to use the app!!!(cause sometimes during computer geek conversations I tend to tune out :))

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, so while doing both I taped it up on my bathroom wall to remind myself how lucky I am to not be married to a snot!


I love Bobby for being the opposite of me in almost every way, for not being afraid to be himself and for loving me-and showing it-in his very own, unique way, but most importantly for abiding by this:

7 comments:

Maranda said...

Ok, that is one of the cutest things I have EVER seen. You guys are so sweet with each other. I love it! Thank you for your awesome example.

cnelson said...

ohhhhhhhh!!! You know how much we LOVE Bobby! He is THE BEST!!!

The Johnson Family said...

Girl, we are SO alike it's annoying! Ha ha j/k.. About the annoying part anyway. I too have been trying REALLY hard to be less "sassy" and bite my tounge. I went to an amazing RS thingy where Matt Townsend spoke (I'll have to tell you all about in sometime) and it really changed the way I thought about myself, my relationships and my spirituality. We go girl!!

Ps.. Bobby rocks! You one lucky girl!

Matt and Haley said...

Definitely been there before. The women in my family always joke that we had to marry special men who can deal with the "Shurtliff" temperament.

Callie said...

I think I say this every post but why oh why do we have to live so far apart? Our "computer nerds" would be in heaven talking apps and other stuff that I try to care about but let's get real I don't. Our kids would play while we crafted or planned kid activities. Sounds pretty perfect to me.
I do have a hard time seeing you as sassy though :)
Ps I know in a post a while ago you said you're the last to hop on the trend train but don't worry I will always be the caboose. That being said can you invite me to pinterest or get me started? I don't even know if I asked you the right way that's how little I know about it :)
Wow long comment next time I'll send an e-mail.

Alisa and Sky said...

Aww that is the cutest thing I have ever seen!! Bobby gets the best husband award for the week, or month, heck we will give it to him for the whole year!! At least you know it comes from the heart when he leaves you computer cheec messages :) Love it! Love you!

Mindy said...

Oh so so cute! Yeah for bobby! miss ya


Google