Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Kylee's First day of Dance!



To say that Kylee LoooVveS dancing would be a serious understatement! She has been waiting to start her dance class since I first signed her up earlier this summer. When Tyler started pre-school a couple weeks ago and her dance class still hadn't started yet she was having MAJOR jealousy issues. I tried to keep her occupied while he was at school with trips to Hobby Lobby and JoAnns, but somehow my craft addiction wasn't entertaining enough?? We were both pretty ecstatic that her class started last Thursday and she, with empty princess backpack in tow, is absolutely smitten by her darling teacher Mrs. Ruth (pronounced by Kylee-mwiss roof). Mrs. Ruth is fantastic with these little 2&3 year olds and Kylee wanted to be by her side (or mine) the whole time! :)

Since Kylee doesn't do so well in new situations (reference: threw up on her nursery leader her first sunday) I thought I'd stay and watch all her classes-they're 30 minuets-, but she did just fine and I think she'll do even better if I'm not there. Every time there was a pause, or a transition to a new thing she'd run over to me and her teacher would have to coax her back to the floor.

Other than that she did so so so great and followed all of the teachers directions to a "t"! She was the only one that sat in her "seat" without wiggling or standing up or wandering around the room and she LOVED twirling and spinning during their "free dance" time. The teacher ordered some ballet shoes for her, but they still weren't in yet so she's just wearing her black sparkly shoes. They're a little big on her so she kept having to stop and fix her shoe, so hopefully this week they'll be here. It was so fun to watch and I'm so excited that she loves this time that is just for HER!
(pictures taken on my phone)


1. Making Pizzas (how they stretch :) )
2. Blowing up the circle till it "pops!" (Ky's the one holding the teacher's right hand)
3. Playing with different musical instruments (she's the one to the right of the teacher)
4. Doing spins and twirls
5. Mrs. Ruth getting ready to read them a story (she's the one closest to the camera on the end...I love that she's sitting with her toes pointed :) )
6. More twirls!

I really want to make her a tutu especially for dance so that the next 'to do' item on my agenda, oh I need more hours in a day!! Hopefully she'll continue to love it and enjoy being able to do her very own thing without Tyler!

4 comments:

cnelson said...

Pretty much the cutest thing EVER!!!

Alisa and Sky said...

SO CUTE!!! Love it!!

The Johnson Family said...

Oh my goodness, how darling!! I'm trying not to have my own (girl) jealousy issues!

Rebekah said...

I LOVE these pictures! I can't wait to put Emma in dance classes, I look forward to seeing many tutu picture of Kylee!


Google