Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The alpha male

So the other night Bobby and I were settling a "tiff" of sorts and as is usually the case I was in the wrong. I'm a really stubborn southern girl and am usually too proud to admit I'm at fault for something unless Bobby can talk me into seeing the error of my ways and then I apologize. He's surprisingly good at talking through things and getting us both to a place where we understand what the other person is trying to say and then all of a sudden it's like a light bulb goes off in my head and I go, "oh yea...I'm totally wrong. Oops." Anyway, so back to the story.

I'm trying to work really hard on not being controlling. My sister Alisa has this natural gift of being "chill". Seriously, she is the coolest, most laid back, easy going, happy person I have ever met. I am high strung. Everything stresses me out and as a result of that I try to control every situation I can around me in order to control the stress? Make sense? This is what Bobby's explaining to me, about myself, and says,

"Angela, we're a team. We work together so that you don't have to do everything yourself. So that you don't have to be stressed out about everything. We should be equal partners in everything but you're trying to be the alpha male. I understand that because there is a little of that in everyone. At some point we all want-to some degree- to be the one making all the decisions because it make us feel powerful and in control of our situation."

I interrupt with, "Alpha male?! What?!"

He continues-in ALL seriousness, "You know; the top of the food chain, the man in charge, the big dog, the dog who doesn't have to sniff any other dogs butt. But that's not a marriage, there is no alpha male, top of the food chain here. We sniff each others' butts."

Thanks honey, now I understand. Can't wait until our kids need life help.

5 comments:

Michelle C said...

lol, that is hilarious. You are just the greatest. You totally just described me when you described yourself. lol. I totally have to be in control and completely stress over EVERYTHING!!! I hate it, but I'm not sure how to get better. Your sister needs to give us lessons or hypnotize us or something. Bobby is funny! That is super sweet he wants to help you out though.

Matt and Haley said...

Too funny!

Mindy said...

Oh so funny!

Maranda said...

lol! i need to share this with ryan. i want to be the alpha male too because i only trust myself to get it done right. but i need to remember that we need to sniff each other's butts. thanks bobby, that is great marriage advice.

Rebekah said...

I don't know what I think about the whole sniffing butts thing... maybe I'll just stay the alpha male!


Google