Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Monday, November 9, 2009

Guns

So I've never really been a gun person. Didn't grow up around them, didn't know anyone that had one, didn't ever care to learn anything about them. Then I met Bobby, who did grow up around them, has a family that has several, and knows a lot about them. I went shooting for my first time on his dad's farm before we got married and hated it! It hurt my ears, my shoulder, and I was terrible. Since then I have been explained the many reasons why owning a gun is a good thing, and have come around to the idea. Bobby bought his first gun, a SIG SAUER P225, a couple years ago and I've wanted one for myself ever since-especially when I found out they really do make pink ones!! But I would be lying if I said I wasn't slightly disturbed to walk out of the bedroom and see Tyler helping Bobby clean his gun. I know it's totally harmless and the whole time that they were cleaning it Bobby was teaching Tyler gun safety things, but I guess it's just weird for me since I didn't see my first real gun in person till I was in College! But Tyler really loved that he was getting to help his daddy and was very attentive to everything Bobby was telling him and was asking a lot of questions about how to hold it and what to push, and he was really interested in "how to be safe!"





He'll probably think this picture is really cool someday, but I don't like it.




Bobby wants to take him out shooting with him, but I think I'm going to have to put my foot down on that one-maybe in several years...maybe.

7 comments:

Alisa and Sky said...

ha ha! tyler is gun be a gun man just like his daddy :)

Maranda said...

Wow, you handled this a lot better than I would. You're so brave. I'm really glad Bobby knows what he's doing though.

Matt and Haley said...

I don't think I've seen a real gun to this day! I'm like you where I'm not a big fan, but Matt loves to go out shooting on his uncle's property. He's only done it twice since we've been married, probably because he knows how disturbing I find it to kill innocent little animals. (And btw, I've been given the lecture numerous times from various individuals about the need to control the deer or rabbit --or whatever other animal-- population, but I still don't have to like it.)

Mary Beth said...

I'm glad Jackson wasn't looking at these pictures with me - he LOVES Kevin's guns. And yes, Kevin has the talk about safety with him all the time.
I told Kevin that Jackson wasn't allowed to go shooting until he was in boy scouts

Jeremy and Jeanette said...

At least his first experience with a gun was in a controlled teaching experience. You can be grateful for that. My nephew went shooting for the first time when he was 3 and loved it (a little too much). Give Tyler some more time, and who knows, he may hate the sound and feel too when he really gets to shoot it.

Amy Hummel said...

We have lots-o-guns around here. I grew up shooting, and so did my husband. We've taken all of our kids (minus the youngest) to shoot a gun. It's a good experience for them because they have been able to realize the power a real gun has. It's LOUD, and it kicks. A lot different than plastic guns...

Michelle C said...

Wow, he's so young to be messing with guns! But I guess learning safey about them is good!Dave's family has a ton of guns and they're into hutning, but I know nothing about them and didn't grow up with them and I hate the idea of hunting.


Google