Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Called to Serve



My sister, Amanda, opened her mission call on Sunday and found out she will be serving the Lord in Paraguay! She has been called to the Paraguay Asuncion North mission and is reporting to the MTC Sept. 23rd where she will be for 9 weeks before getting sent to South America!

I didn't get to be there in person, but I was on our house speakerphone, my grandparents were on my dad's cell speakerphone and Amanda's roommate was on her cell speakerphone, plus 20 or so people at the house, ALL of us SO excited to find out where she would get the chance to serve for the next 18 months! As she proudly read her call outloud my heart was just bursting with excitement and love for my sweet little sister that has so unselfishly given up the next year and half of her life to serve and bless people in a country that will truly be able to learn and grow from her spirit and testimony. I stand in awe of the woman she has become and am so grateful that I am able to call her my sister! I love you Amanda!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Congratulations to her! That sounds like an awesome call.

alolson@sisna.com said...

I just took the time today to read your blog. Thank goodness for cell phones when we are not at home. It was so exciting to hear Amanda read her letter. She is a really special gal and will be a terrific missionary.
Grandma Olson


Google