Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

So yesterday was my birthday and since last year I spent the day throwing up I really wanted to have a good day this year. I was lucky that my bday fell on a Tues. this year so Bobby already had the day off work and we decided awhile ago that we would spend the day up at Bear Lake. Overall it was a great day but I learned a couple things:

1. Tyler gets carsick... BAD
And this picture doesn't even do it justice-not that you'd want to see the picture that does-it was completely soaked into his carseat which then dripped onto the actual seat and seeped into the seat of the car. I gag just thinking about it.


We had to pull over, strip him down and wash out his bathing suit.


Thankfully on our way up to the lake we stopped at a grocery store and bought a case of bottled water-which is what we used to wash out his suit, the carseat, and the car. We used more than half the case!


It took us close to an hour to get everything cleaned up and Tyler had to ride the rest of the way there on the plastic seat since the cover was soaking wet!

You can imagine how wonderful the car smelled the rest of the way there and how even better it smelled on the way home after it'd been baking in the HOT sun for 6 hours! Anyway, moving on...

2. I need to keep a bottle of hand sanitizer in the car at ALL times
This is just self-explanatory.

3. Kylee LOVES sitting in the sand letting the water hit her legs


Giggling because the water was hitting her toes


4. Instant self-tanner with an SPF of 8 should NOT be used in the place of sunscreen
No picture of this, but trust me I hurt.

5. I have GREAT friends/family
Every person in my family called that wasn't at "home" and then those that were at home called and sang me happy birthday. It's my favorite thing ever and I look forward to it every year! Then several fun girls stopped by my house last night with birthday wishes and stayed and chatted with me. I LOVE having such great friends here that make me laugh SO much! One of them even took the time to make me cookies that didn't have any dairy so I could have a treat on my bday. It was so sweet and they were delicious!!

6. Bobby WILL pull through, even if it is at 11:00 at night.
Obviously Bobby is busy, but I won't lie and say that when 10:30 rolled around and all my friends had left and Bobby didn't have any sort of birthday treat for me I wasn't slightly dissapointed. Okay really dissapointed. I know, I'm totally a snot! So I sulked for a little bit and then gave up and jumped in the shower. To my surprise when I got out, Bobby had gone and come home with a beautiful bouquet of flowers, some non-dairy ice-cream, and some salt and cracked pepper chips (my current favorite). He said he had been planning to do that all along, but I have a sneaking suspicion it was the silent treatment I gave him for the 15 min. after my friends left that guilted him into it. Ha Ha, I'm so thankful he still loves me! It was the perfect ending to a great day!

7. Being 26 is FABULOUS
'Nuff said.

8. I love my small family more than ANYTHING in this world. Like really. They are the best thing that ever happened to me. I just wanted them to know that.










*Sorry no pictures of me on my special day (I know you're all devastated) due to the camera battery dying less than an hour after we'd been there.

Thanks to all those that called, sent cards/facebook messages, texted me, and/or came over and visited. You made it such a special birthday for me. It's so nice to be remembered and appreciated! I love you all!!

10 comments:

Aaron & Jayme said...

Where did you get kylee's Swim suit?! I've been looking everywhere for one like that and can't find one! Also, are you allergic to dairy? If so, I'm a horrible cousin because I never knew!! Your kids are adorable!!!

PS- Thanks for the love on my last blog post :)

Rebekah said...

Aside from Tyler getting sick, it looks like you had a fun birthday! Kylee looks so adorable in her little outfit! I LOVE it! I wish we could come see you guys, maybe we will be able to visit some time in the next year!

The Johnson Family said...

Now I feel awful I didn't wish you happy birthday on time but for what a late wish is worth HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm glad you had a great day with your cute family.

Alisa and Sky said...

Despite Tyler getting car sick it looks like you had a perfect birthday! I am glad you so deserve it!

cnelson said...

such cute pics! birthday hugs...wish we could have been there to celebrate with you...you seriously look forward to us calling with the b-day song every year?!!...lol...it is truly good for a laugh at any rate! we love you!!!

dixonfamily said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm glad you had a good day, despite the lovely present of vomit that Tyler gave you! The pic of him in his car seat is disgustingly hilarious! You guys are such a cute family!!

Matt and Haley said...

Yeah for turning 26! Glad you had a good day.

Bethiepooh said...

Angela,
Happy belated birthday! You are such an amazing person with an amazing little family! I used to follow blogs well and yours was my favorite to read. I am going to try to get caught up again so I just spent hours reading yours from the time Kylee was born to now - HA! I look forward to reading what's next. :)

Callie said...

I'm so glad you had a great day. You definitely deserve it!

Jana said...

im such a jerk! i actually had a momentary thought of 'huh, is angela's b-day coming up?' and than it went away. im so sorry!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, to the cutest 26 year old i know!
(i cant believe your ONLY 26)

do you even have any lines on your face?

and i laughed at the pic. of the chucks and tyler--i so know that situation too well.
glad your day was good


Google