Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wednesday Weigh-in-week 4 (sort of)

Well just since I've been in the habit of weighing myself on Wed. mornings, I weighed myself this morning out of curiosity and I was pleasantly surprised!!

Last week(3/25)---------This week (4/1)
133.6-----------------------131.7

Almost 2 pounds exactly!! (and no, this is not an april fools joke) Unfortunately this isn't due to any hard work on my part. Since the end of the semester is coming around Bobby has been really busy, (guess that's what happens when you leave everything to the very end of the semeseter) getting on avg. 4 hours of sleep a night so I haven't been able to go to any early morning classes (I've been in the best mood this week too, hmmm...) and since it was the last week of the month :) there's been lots of visiting teaching and home teaching going on so I haven't gone to any evening classes either-I know lots of excuses.

So I guess there really is some truth to what you're eating affecting your weight. I've never had to (or wanted to is probably more the case) control what I eat before so I've never tried. If I want it, I eat it. Simple as that. But since Kylee's little body decided it didn't care for lactose and I've comeplety cut it out of my diet I've been losing weight. It's been 2 weeks (yesterday) since I have eaten ANY dairy foods and as much as I still crave them it's getting easier to pass them up. I even made Tyler chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast the other morning and only had green eyes of envy for a second and then gloriously devoured my 8 grain bagel-plain-with a smile on my face. As it has involuntarily been brought to my attention through the past 2 grueling weeks (okay maybe I'm being a little dramatic) I eat SO much dairy. I realized that litterally every time I opened the fridge/cupboard I ate something not very good for me. Every vegetable was covered with ranch dressing, every cracker had to have a slice of cheese, every dinner had to be complimented with a bowl of ice-cream, you get the picture. This has really made me concious of how I've been eating and I realize, although forced, I can have control over what I eat and what I do or do not put into my body. Things taste, not good, but okay without mounds of cheese and celery and peanut butter can be just as good a snack as celery and ranch and the protein boost from the peanut butter makes me feel fuller longer so my next meal isn't as huge. I guess this has kind of been a domino affect for me because as I've had to control my dairy intake it's started to affect other areas of my eating as well in that I look at what I'm about to eat and think, do I really need this? Am I even hungry right now or am I just bored? I discovered this week that the only chocolate I can't have is milk chocolate so things like oreos are okay-NOT a good discovery. Yet I'm happy to say that we've had a package of oreos in our cupboard for the past week and I haven't even eaten one yet!

I'm also happy to report that Kylee is doing SO much better. Her poopies are back to the right color and no more blood! And she's been the happiest little camper there ever was AND on a schedule!!! It's not nailed down 100%, everything can vary within a half hour time frame or so depending on when she wakes up in the morning, but for the most part she's eating and sleeping at the same times every day which makes my life TONS easier! Now that I know for sure it was the dairy causing her grief it makes it a little easier not to eat it because I can see the results (in her and me!). Yesterday for lunch Tyler and I had fish sticks, not even thinking there would be milk in them and then all evening Kylee was a beast. She would have these fits of pain where she would just hunch over and scream and they would come and go about every 5 min. I couldn't think of anything I would've eaten that would have caused it and then when I told Bobby I had fish sticks he checked the box and sure enough-milk. I'm going to have to get a lot better about reading labels and not just assume something doesn't have milk, but for the most part things are looking up!

Happy April Fools Day!!!!!!

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Wow, you are a lot stronger than I am! A whole bag of oreos would be gone within a few days... they are one of my weakpoints! I'm so glad that you and Kylee are feeling better. Hopefully Bobby's semester will be over soon so that you guys can spend more time together, and he can get some sleep.

Alisa and Sky said...

I am glad things are getting better and you guys are back on a routine now! Congrats on the weight loss...that is awesome! I am so excited to see you guys next weekend!

Michelle C said...

That has to be so hard. I have such a hard time finding things to eat asa it is. That's exciting about the weight loss.


Google