Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Thursday, May 1, 2008

BIG NEWS!!!

Well, I guess since it's official we are going to go ahead and make this news public. We're moving! (ha ha, you thought I was going to say pregnant didn't you?! sorry I couldn't resist!) Yep, goodbye Provo. Hello Logan! (Sorry Lora, I wish it was Kenewick but unless you can pay our out-of-state tuition we're going to have to stay in UT :) )

This is kind of a bitter sweet thing for me because I'm SO ready to be out of the fish bowl here in Happy Valley, but Logan isn't exactly what I had in mind. For those of you who don't know, Logan is about 2 hours north of Provo. And what does moving north mean? Cold, Cold, Cold!

Bobby got accepted to USU (Utah State University) and their Electrical Engineering program (which he will use to become an analyst for the CIA or FBI) which we are thrilled about! These past months have been crazy trying to figure out what we were going to be doing with the rest of our lives and now it feels like everything is starting to fall into place. Let's just hope that he can find a job and we can find a place to live. Once that happens I think I will be able to breathe again!

Just a little insight into why it was so imortant for Bobby to get into USU. Apparently there are only 3 accredited engineering schools in UT: (which of course we didn't find out until halfway through the whole applying to every school in UT process) BYU, UofU and USU. He applied to BYU, but wasn't accepted due to some VERY stupid reasoning on their part! Bobby went to a community college the summer after high school, took 10 credits and got like a 2.0 (it was right after high school what do you expect?!). He has close to a 4.0 at UVSC with almost 90 credits (yes, he could probably be a doctor by now, but I'm not going to get into that!). And what does BYU do? They average the two GPA's straight accross. Not accounting for the fact that the 2.0 is from 10 credits and the 3.8 is from 87! So Dumb! So anyway, the average of the 2 is like a 2.9 or something-not good enough to get into BYU. Whatev! The academic counselor at BYU told Bobby that he could re-take some classes at UVSC and reapply and would probably be accepted. HA! We don't want to go to your dumb school anyway! Sorry, this still makes me so mad!

So then we were left with 2 choices-Uof U or USU. But by the time we heard back from BYU the Uof U application deadline was in 2 days and there was no way we were going to be able to get the application in by then. So, what are we left with? USU. We had no other choice and if Bobby wanted to be able to major in Elec.Eng. he HAD to be accepted. I don't think I have to tell you how excited we were when we got the acceptance letter.

So long story longer, we're off to the land of the Aggies! I'm actually really excited about these changes in our life because it means that we are moving forward and somehow becoming more legit grown-ups. I will desperately miss my friends here in the Happy Valley and really am going to miss my ward (this is the first time I've EVER been able to say that since we've been married), but all the things I'm going to miss deserves it's own post so I'll save all the sappyness for later!

Go USU!

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

I'm glad that you guys found a place to go so that Bobby can get a good degree! I am very impressed by your GPA Bobby! We have the same GPA, how crazy is that? I am sure that you will have no trouble finding friends Angela! Hopefully your new ward will be just as nice.

Matt and Haley said...

What are the chances you would come back to Houston after Bobby graduates? :o)

Michelle C said...

How exciting! Sad as well though. It's nice to have a fresh start, but stressful too. I agree with you about the "ward" comment, it's hard to find a decent ward. Maybe we're expecting too much. That's great for Bobby. David could be a Doc by now too, so no worries!! You're so cute. Your personality really comes out in your writing. We have pretty yucky weather here too.

The Johnson Family said...

Hey girl, I'm jealous! I really love logan, its so cute! And most importantly it still has a mall! I would love to come visit you guys up there sometime.

Anonymous said...

I so second Haley - but just slow down a bit before you get here, because I need to get a hubby and baby first, so I will fit in! :)

I am so happy and sad for you! You are all growed up though, it makes me want to cry, I mean I think the day is getting close that I cannot refer to you as my cheerleader anymore - then what? WHAT WILL I DO!? AWWWW Maybe I can come up and help you guys move - oh that would be fun....


Google