Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

St. George temple

My sister Amanda went through the St. George temple on Wed. Aug. 12 to receive her temple ordinances in preparation for her mission. I was able to go through the temple with my sister Alisa before she got married and really wanted to be there for Amanda as well, being that it is such an important and special time. It happened to work out that it was the day after Bobby's parents were leaving so I dropped them off in Salt Lake and just continued on to St. George returning home on Thur. It was a really quick trip but I took Tyler with me for company in the car (and because my family said I couldn't come unless I brought one-or both- of the kids :)). Bobby stayed home Tues, wed and Thur. with Kylee which was a huge help because I'm not sure I would have made it with 2 kids all by myself. Tyler was GREAT in the car, slept some, watched some movies, read books, colored and chatted with me the whole way there. He didn't cry or whine even once (there or back) and kept me awake when I started to get sleepy. It was so nice to have a couple days where it was just me and my bud again! (Let's just not talk about the speeding ticket I got on my way home-which woke Tyler up from his nap, ugh!) I was a little nervous to leave Kylee with Bobby for that long, just because I know it's hard when she's waking up in the night and stuff, but of course for the first time ever she slept from 8pm to 8am every day! (she usually sleeps through the night, but doesn't go to bed till about 8:30 and is up around 7:00)

Anyway we had a great time and I am so in love with my family it's kind of ridiculous! Every time I go back down there I realize how much more I want to be there all the time!

Wed. morning we spent over at Alisa's house so the cousins could play and then we went to the splashpad!








Tyler loved Nate's "little park" (if it has a slide-it's a park.)


Then we went to the splashpad, which Tyler may have liked a little more had it not been overcast and cool...


Although Nate didn't seem to mind...






That evening my mom, dad, alisa, amanda and myself went to the temple and had an awesome time! (Obviously, do you ever not have an awesome time when you're at the temple?!) But it was even more special since amanda was going through for the first time. I loved being in the celestial room with my family...there's just something so perfect about being there together. I can't wait till Ty and Alena can go through so we can all be there and experience that joy together.




I have such a special family!


Then we went home and took pictures because...I don't know, we like too?




Yep ladies, that's a six-pack...


LOVE these girls!!!!!!!


Then Tyler started to feel left out






LOVE this boy!!!!!!


After I put Tyler to bed, we sat on the couch and talked for a couple hours (waiting for Ty to get home from his friends) and then Alisa, Amanda, Ty and I went to Denny's at midnight for dessert(it's our sibling tradition-it used to just be me and alisa, and then when amanda was old enough she started to come, and now that ty has graduated from HS he's coming too. Soon Alena...soon.).




To me, Ty will always be 8 years old. That's how old he was when I left for college and since I didn't get to see him grow up, in my mind, he never has. I've actually never sat down with Ty and had a "real" conversation with him because whenever I'm home he's usually off doing his own thing or I'm busy with my kids, so I can't even tell you how much I enjoyed "getting to know" my little brother. At Denny's. At midnight. We're all growing up and I love that our relationships are getting stronger and we're able to laugh, and talk and really enjoy our time together. He is a special kid (like cool, not "special") and I love him to death! Good luck at Snow College bud, you'll do great! (my parents dropped him off last fri.)








So congratulations to Amanda and Ty for taking the next big steps in their lives! We love you both!

4 comments:

Maranda said...

I totally get your feelings here about being with your family. It's my favorite thing too. I'm so glad you got to spend so much great time with them. I understand why you left so late too ;) I'm glad you got home safe! And Bobby's so sweet to take time off so you could do that. You guys are the cutest!

McCall B. said...

I'm so glad you sent me a link to your blog! Tyler has grown up so much since you guys moved and your baby girl is beautiful. I'm glad you guys are doing good.

alolson@sisna.com said...

The pictures were a nice ending to the Temple session. Wish you had told us you were taking pictures after and we would have stayed and been included in Amanda's special night.
Grandma Olson

Michelle C said...

That's fun you were able to be there for your sister! Your family is so cute! Glad you got some Tyler time.


Google