Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Month of July-Part 2

Aren't you so impressed I'm actually blogging again so soon! Anyway, here comes the rest of July as promised...

Summer BBQ:
Well we've been to numerous BBQ's this summer-probably my second favorite summer activity next to going to Bear Lake-but this one was fun because it was the actual day of our anniversary and we got to spend the evening with some of our favorite Aggie Village people! (Although we did manage to sneak off to lunch for a "day of" celebration-thanks Kachiri-because...well because I love to eat!) It was nice because Bobby had the day off work because here in the great state of UT Pioneer day (July 24th) is a BIG DEAL and pretty much the entire state shuts down. As long as we live in UT we'll get to watch fireworks every year for our anniversary...cool! Anyway back to the BBQ, here are the pics from our night...

Tyler played at the playground all night.






Everyone playing Bocci Ball


Mallory putting Kylee to sleep


So Bobby got this great idea to grab one of these plastic tubes that was just laying around and have people get inside and be rolled around. Here Bobby's asking who's man enough to go first.


Weston thought he'd show em up and went first.


Then the other guys would run as fast as they could pushing the tube, making the guy inside want to puke.


A little tired from running back and forth across the field pushing guys. They were like little boys again. It was really fun for us wives to watch because they were all giddy and laughing hysterically!


Tyler of course wanted to join in all the fun.


He wasn't quite fast enough to keep up but he had fun anyway!


They were discussing which was the best way to position oneself inside the tube so you didn't get thrown all over the place.


Um...hands up?


Tyler's turn


Kylee and our good friend Deanna who just moved to Provo last weekend with her husband. We'll miss you guys!


Pioneer Day Parade:
Tyler was able to go to his first Primary activity where they did a Pioneer Day/4th of July Parade. The primary did a great job and Tyler had SO much fun!


When we first got there they painted his cheek which he wasn't so sure about.


But when I showed him the picture of the star...


...and USA, he thought it was, "SO cool!"


Kylee just waiting for the fun to begin.


While the kids waited to get started they attempted to play duck, duck, goose. That didn't work out so well cause they couldn't quite understand the rules but it was fun to watch them try!


Daddy and Kylee being silly waiting for the parade to come.


Here they come. I love that they made a little banner and had flags for all the kids to wave. So cute!


Tyler proudly waving his flag.


Of course there's my boy bringing up the caboose. He was content to walk at his own pace and would not be rushed. That's just my Tyler.


Having the treat at the end!


After the parade, while we were eating dinner, Bobby decided Kylee would look down right gorgeous with a mohawk.


Um...I don't think so Bobby.


Although Kylee seems to enjoy it...


Ward Camp-out 2009:
We had so much fun at last years ward camp-out we decided to go again this year. And no we did not stay the night. Are you kidding me? Me camping...yall know that doesn't happen. We got there pretty late since Bobby didn't get off work till 6:30 so we missed the chance to make our tin-foil dinners, but we got there just in time for the dessert competition-the most important part anyway right? Then there was a short fireside, followed by skits and mingling.

Tyler right away found this hole in the ground that kept him occupied for...oh pretty much the whole night. He would fill it all the way with all the rocks he could find and then one by one take them out and then one by one put them back in.


hmmm...I'm having flashbacks to last years camp-out when he did the same thing with golf balls and a bucket. Do we see a trend?


I can't believe how much he's grown up in just a year-Aug. 2009


Camp-out Aug. 2008...sigh...


And back to the present...Here is Rachel and Kylee. I love the girls in our ward!


Bobby making a pretty sweet catch with the football.


The skits:
I won't tell you what each one was about because 1. that would be boring for you and 2. I honestly don't remember some of them...
Dave Peterson and Mike Winters


Bishop Visick's kids


Natasha and Keaton Papke


Everybody intensely watching the skits...


Tyler was pretty content to watch from the comfort of his little red chair.




Jeremy and Jeanette Raisor-The disappearing banana trick


Jeanette smashes up the banana...


...and Jeremy eats it all in one bite...gross! ha ha!

Good job to everyone who participated in a skit, we loved them!

My favoritest little friend Jaylie


Some members of the ward having a chat


Kylee turns 6/7 mo.'s:
She technically turned 7 mo. in July, but since she had her well baby check up at 6 mo.-which was in June-and I haven't yet written about it, I'll blog about that.

She turned 6 mo. old on 6/29 while down at my mom's house.


She either wanted to watch what Bobby was doing...


...or pick at the rug, so I couldn't really get her attention


Kylee is SO much fun right now. 6-9 mo. is my favorite baby stage and I am falling more and more in love with her everyday!

Her stats:
Weight- 13lbs. 4oz. 10%
Height-25inch. 35 %

Doctor's note said: "Tiny mighty little thing"

And that she is! She has a grip like nobody's business (just the other day she drew a HUGE black line across my chest with a pen at the doctor's as I was trying to pry it out of her dead lock fingers!) and she tries her darndest to move everywhere possible by rolling and scooting. Tyler didn't crawl till after he turned 8 mo. old so I'm not even remotely worried that she's not yet. The later the better as far as I'm concerned! Her little personality is just hysterical and I love that she is almost the exact opposite in every way in comparison to Tyler.

She is quite the drama queen and already can throw a pretty good fit. If I take something away from her she shouldn't be playing with she will throw herself backwards and cry and cry like the world has ended. She loves to be the center of attention and throws quite the tantrum if she's not. If she watches me walk out of the room she will cry until I come back and if someone has been holding her for an extended period of time(like at church) and she hears my voice or sees me walk into her sight she will cry until I'm holding her-I totally secretly LOVE this because Tyler could have cared less about me. But for all her fiesty, needy, dramaticness, she makes up for it a hundred times over with her snuggly, loving personality. She will just cuddle me and bury her head in my neck and let me hold her as long as I want. She loves to be kissed and hugged and fussed over and is constantly searching for affection from others. She is a lot busier of a baby than Tyler was and I have a feeling she is going to be more of a handful than Tyler is as a toddler, so it's a good thing she's so dang cute and sweet when she wants to be.

I feel so fortunate and blessed to have the most amazing kids ever! They fit so perfectly into our family that it's weird to think of ever having a life before them because they ARE my life. I go to bed every night thinking how blessed I am to be their mother throughout their journey in this life, and wake up praying and hoping that I will be every thing they need me to be. Being a mother is the hardest thing I have ever done, but by far the most rewarding! I'm so grateful we get to be together forever!!

5 comments:

Ash said...

So I just might steal your Ward Camp Out pictures, I am totally having a blogging itch, but don't feel like it would be very exciting to blog with no pictures. Did I tell you Jon's sister lost our camera? So yeah, I have no camera to post pictures. Anyway, I love your cute kiddos, Kylee is just the cutest little thing! And I can't believe how much Tyler has grown in just a year!

Alisa and Sky said...

Looks like yall had a great month in July :) Kylee is getting so big! You need to bring her when you come down next week so I can Kiss and hug on her!! Nate gets annoyed with my hugs and kisses sometimes so I would love to do it to someone who will love it :)

Rebekah said...

I like Bobby's glasses, are they new? I can't believe how big Tyler is, I wish we could find the time/money to come see you guys!

alolson@sisna.com said...

I love reading your blog and seeing the cute pictures of your little ones. Like you said being a mother is great, and a grandmother is wonderful and a great grandmother is frosting on the cake. Wished we lived closer to you. Love you all.
Grandma Olson

Michelle C said...

I can't believe how old Kylee is getting! I agree about imaging life before having the child/children we are blessed with now. She sounds adorable! You guys are so ambitious with all the stuff you do. We pretty much stay home all the time. ( :


Google