Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Thursday, September 11, 2008

24 Weeks

Yesterday I had my 24 week doctor's appointment with my new doctor. Sorry no belly picture, I was going to take one before I left for my appt., but I was running late since it was right in the middle of Tyler's nap and I had to wake him up and get him ready. I didn't have time to figure out how to do the self timer thingy on the camera before I left, and then by the time we got home I had to get dinner ready and after that I just wasn't in the mood. And I hate taking pictures of myself so that's probably the real reason. But don't worry I'm meeting up with some people this weekend and I'm sure pictures will be taken so I promise I'll post one!

Anyway, this is the second time I've met with my new doctor and I LOVE him! I actually didn't think I was going to be able to find a better doctor than the one I had in Orem, but I actually do like this doctor more. The whole office in general is so much nicer, more organized and more efficient than the old place I went to and on my first visit my doctor actually spent 30 min. in the room with Bobby and I just talking and he discussed all of my concerns with me seriously and really took the time to get to know me as a patient and a person. The nurses are SO friendly (which those of you who read this blog and go to the same doctor I did in Orem know how very UNfriendly those nurses can be) they joke around with me, play with Tyler, ask if they can get me anything, etc. And probably the best thing about it, is the wait time. With my old doctor it wasn't uncommon to spend 2 hours in his office because you spent 45 min-1 hour in the waiting room and another 45 min waiting in the actual room and 5 min. with the doctor. With this last appt. I was there 30 min. from the time I got out of the car to the time I got back in the car. Heaven...especially with a toddler! So this appt. was really quick, he just asked me a few questions: can I feel the baby move (yes), have I had any cramping or bleeding(no), have I had any contractions(no), was I feeling better(yes), etc. Then he told me he thought about me the other day (which totally blew me away because I had just met him) because he delivered a patient that had had a lot of my concerns that I had gone over with him at my last appt. and her delivery had gone just fine. Just things that had happened during Tyler's delivery that I am praying do not happen his time like having an episiotomy AND a 4th degree tear (the worst possible tear) and 12 hours of labor, and being seconds away from having a c-section, just little concerns like that! But he said the girl (it was her second delivery too) didn't tear at all, only was in labor for half the amount of time, and told him she might now consider having a 3rd baby, which is funny just because I had told him that this was probably going to be our last baby because my body just couldn't go through all that again. I was so impressed that he remembered all that from our conversation 4 weeks ago and it just made me like him and feel more comfortable with him all the more.

Unfortunately (and the reason I will be scheduling all future appts. on the days that Bobby is home and can watch Tyler) Tyler HATES doctor's offices and he clings to me-literally-for dear life whenever the doctor comes in the room. I don't know why he gets such bad anxiety, maybe because he just had his 18 mo. appt and remembers being laid down on the table for shots, but the second the doctor had me sit up on the table he started crying loudly...more like wailing, and would not stop until I got off the table. The doctor even let him sit on the table next to me, but he was not havin' it. We couldn't even hear the baby's heart beat because he wouldn't stop crying, but the doctor read the numbers off his little machine and said it was beating at 140/bpm so it was just fine. So things are good with Baby, things are good with me and things are now good for Tyler just so long as he never goes in another doctor's office again!

5 comments:

Maranda said...

Yay, I'm so happy to hear the update since we don't get to talk much. And, I LOVE your blog, it is adorable!! I haven't seen it much lately b/c I use google reader, but I totally love it!! You are so cute, I'm glad everything is going so well. I hope we get to see you again soon and spend more time together!

Rebekah said...

I am so happy that your pregnancy is going so much better. It is always nice to have a good Gyno Dr, so I can imagine how nice it would be to have a good OBGYN.

Anonymous said...

it sounds great, Angela! I'm so glad its beginning to be a good experience!
My second labor was so much different than the first. In that it was 100% better - I hope you're the same way.

Alisa and Sky said...

Yea i am so glad things are going better for you!! I dont blame tyler for being scared i would be to if i had to get shots everytime i went! I hate when they give nate shots! That is awesome you found a good doctor and you feel comfortable with him cuz that makes the whole pregnancy feel a little easier! I cant wait to see you and your cute belly tomorrow and my cute little nephew!! I cant even tell you how excited I am!!

Michelle C said...

That's great you found such a wonderful Dr. What a blessing. I'm amazing about what he remembered as well. How sweet! I'm glad you're feeling better and that baby is doing well. Do you have any names? Poor Tyler, he's scared they're going to hurt you maybe?


Google