Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ward Campout-Aug. '08

Last weekend our ward had a camp out in the canyon and since we've never been to a ward camp out in any of our previous wards we decided that since we're new and trying to make friends this might be a good way. We couldn't stay the night since Bobby had to work the next morning, but we went up for the dinner which was BYOM (bring your own meat). We made foil dinners with steak, potatoes, carrots and onions and they were SO good! The ward brought stuff to make S'mores and I forgot how much I love them-I don't think I've had one since I went to girls camp like 8 years ago! It makes me want to go camping a lot more just so we can eat fun things like that because really, eating's my favorite thing in the whole world!

There weren't a ton of people there, but it was nice to get to know some of the other couples better and Tyler loved playing out in the middle of the woods where he could throw sticks and rocks and who knows what else! He was one of the only kids there (our ward hardly has any kids, but EVERYBODY is pregnant. Seriously, over 40% of the women in our relief society are pregnant) so he got lots of attention and ate it right up! Here are a couple pictures from the night.

This girl was the one other kid that was there and she was a raunch. She kept stealing all of Tyler's toys from him and I just wanted to say, "where is your mother?!"


His "cheese" face


Bobby cooking our foil dinners


Tyler was watching a couple guys play badminton and every time they hit it really high Tyler would open his mouth really wide and say, "ahhh". I was trying to catch that face, but he had just started to close his mouth here.


He sat in this same spot for like 10 min. taking all the balls out of the bucket and then putting them all back in...one by one.


I asked him what he was doing and he showed me the ball in his hand like "duh mom, can't you see?"

8 comments:

Aaron & Jayme said...

I've never been to a ward camp out either! But, we go up to the mountain alot and have smores every time!! I LOVE THEM! I wish you lived closer girl!

Maranda said...

So cute! Our camp out was this weekend too, but we didn't go. I'm glad you guys had fun!

Just Jaime! said...

Tyler looks like a big boy in all of these picture! He's so cute! I'm glad you went to a ward activity, you know how often I go to them!

Rebekah said...

I think the food might be why I go like camping too... you gotta love foil dinners! Although I do tend to prefer camping with friends over ward stuff... we are one of those odd childless couples that everyone wonders about. Tyler is, as always, looking pretty darn adorable.

Alisa and Sky said...

I have never heard of a ward camp out...thats cool! I think its so funny how he is so entertained by taking things out of a bucket and putting it back in and how he can keep himself entertained for awhile! I only hope nate will be the same way, but i dont think i will be that lucky :)

Anonymous said...

he is SO cute!

Michelle C said...

What cute photos!! I'm glad you were feeling good enough to go!

Jana said...

you just need to tell tyler to push the little girl down. she wont steal his toys after that. that remined me of somthing bobby would say. im glad you guys went. that is more than we have ever done in our ward. and is tyler in nursury? cant believe it.


Google