Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Friday, August 15, 2008

Birthday/Anniversary

Back to the Saga...

My birthday was on July 21st and our anniversary was on the 24th, just one week after we moved here. We weren't expecting to really do anything since we knew we'd be in the middle of chaos, but Bobby met THE nicest girl at work (Sarah) who said it was just not okay for us to not celebrate and offered to watch Tyler so that we could go out. She knew I might not feel comfortable droping my child off with a stranger whom my husband had known for less than a week, so she invited us over for dinner the Sun. before my birthday (the 2nd sun. we were here) so I could meet her and Tyler could get to know her 2 little boys. After our last dinner experience I was a little nervous about meeting her, but she could not have been sweeter and the dinner was SOOOOO good. People in Logan are so kind and are constantly going out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable and I have been so touched by their generosity. It makes me a little more aware of how unwelcoming I can be sometimes!

She also invited her brother in law and his wife over for dinner because they have a daughter just a week younger than Tyler and they live in the apartment complex right next to us. We totally hit it off with both the couples there and our kids had so much fun playing together. We stayed for almost 5 hours just hanging out, playing a little rockband, and eating. It was so good to meet people that were normal and fun! Since the next night was my birthday and we didn't have any plans, the brother in law and his wife invited us over for dessert at their house. Bobby had to work all day Mon., so Tyler and I just hung out in our pj's all day (my bday present to myself) and then we went over to our new friends house where we had cake and ice cream!

Bobby had the day off on our anniversary so we dropped Tyler off at Sarah's house to catch an afternoon movie (Ironman-I loved it!). She actually lives in the town south of Logan so it takes a good 20 min. to get to her house and we didn't want to take advantage of her kindness so we decided to pick Tyler up after the movie and then go out to dinner together as a family. Tyler's really good at resteraunt's so it's usually never a problem to take him out (probably because we go out so often! ). I started to feel a little bit sick so we decided just to go to Chili's because it would be fast, but as soon as we pulled in the parking lot I got really nauseous. Lately I've been able to "hold in" the sickies by doing somekind of 'mind over matter' thing until the nausea passes, so I didn't tell Bobby about how I was feeling because I didn't want to ruin our anniversary dinner. We go inside and sit down at our table and are trying to decide what to get but nothing looks good to me. I told Bobby that I wasn't feeling very well and for him to just order something and I would have a few bites. He says, "Are you sure?... Oh, you don't look so good." And I RAN to the bathroom without saying a word. Apparently I cannot control my body as well as I thought I could. And may I recommend NOT eating a full bag of greasy movie theater popcorn on an empty stomach. I'm guessing that's what did it. When I got back Bobby told me he just ordered his fajita's to go and I almost kissed his little face off because I was not looking forward to doing anything but lying on the couch for the next several hours. Which is exactly what I did.

So that's how our birthday/anniversary week ended. Not the worst, not the best. But hey, at least next year's can't be worse...right?


Picture of us on our anniversary...before I was feeling sick!

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

I am glad that you met some people that you can get along with. That was so sweet of her to take care of Tyler and make such an effort to make sure you were comfortable. I'm sorry your anniversary dinner wasn't as fun, but at least it sounds like these episodes are getting to be fewer and less often. Hope it continues to get better

Aaron & Jayme said...

Yay you met fun people!!! The people we meet can make or break a new city! Your husband sounds so amazing! What a lucky girl you are!

Anonymous said...

he's so sweet to you Angela!!! I love that family pic.

Michelle C said...

Nuts! That's too bad you couldn't have enjoyed the dinner, but how sweet of Bobby to order it to go. You look great!!


Google