Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Mama Bear

Tyler has had MANY bumps and bruises but they have all been self-inflicted until today. Tyler was walking around in the gym today at church when some little kid walked right up behind him and pushed him (intentionally)in the head and Tyler fell smack on his face and now has a large (like bigger than a quarter size) bump on his forehead. It took everything in me not to grab the kid and give him a good smack. His mother was standing right there and didn't do anything!!! Not even an apology to Tyler or me! I didn't really see myself as the "mama bear" type, but that made me so mad! GRRRRRR!

4 comments:

Goratrain and Ian-ator said...

What was this mother thinking about? I can't handle little kids beating on each other. I haven't had the Mama Bear syndrome pop up yet, but I am anticipating it very soon. There are lots of baby girls in our ward and YES, girls are MUCH more catty than boys are! I don't like that.

Anonymous said...

good for you - I don't think I'd have enough control for that! I would be furious and say "well aren't you going to do anything about that".

dixonfamily said...

Oh, that makes me mad and Tyler's not even my kid. That Mama Bear syndrome is so real and innate. We've had kids pick on Keyan before and since he is very non-confrontational, he really didn't know what to do except stand there and cry. It made Jeff and I sooooo mad, and we just wanted Keyan to punch the kids back. Instead we taught him to say very loudly and forcefully, "STOP THAT! I DON'T LIKE THAT!" It usually lets everyone around know what is going on so that parents can step up and discipline their child and gives my little boy some power in the situation. Sorry for the novel. I completely understand your feelings and have often wanted to wallop on other people's kids too. The joys of parenthood!

Maranda said...

Oh, that is so sad! Poor kid! You have every right to feel that way, that was rude of his mom not to say anything!


Google