Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Mommy, I'm so proud!


I just have to take a second to brag about my incredible, beautiful, amazing, wonderfully talented mom, Cheryl Nelson! 3 years ago she discovered that she had an extraordinary passion for scrap booking and has spent the last 3 years challenging and developing this talent- which has proven to pay off in a big way. Every year http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/ has a nationwide contest called Scrapbooker of the Year. To enter you must submit 20 pages you have designed and created along with an essay. Over 500 people applied for this prestigious title and MY mom is one of the 10 finalist!!!! http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/contests/soy/ You have to take the time to go look at her gallery http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=galleries she truly, truly has an amazing gift and I am so proud of her, what she has accomplished, and to be her daughter!!! Just to be a finalist, to have been chosen out of 500+ people, and to have her name listed next to other women with such incredible talent is such an honor for her! But more that her talent for this hobby, what I truly admire about my mom is that she is dedicated, 100%, to whatever it is that she has committed to do; be it baking cookies for the class party (hers were ALWAYS the best...it got to a point that the other homeroom mothers wouldn't even make cookies any more b/c they knew the kids would only eat the ones my mother brought), to helping with school projects (one time for my 5th grade project she sewed us matching Can-Can costumes and actually danced the can-can with me in front of my whole class!!!), to her scrapping. I admire her fun and creative spirit and hope that I can excel at something in my life, as well as she has with her scrapping. I could go on and on and on about how much I admire, love, and respect my mom, but I guess I would just be saying the same things over and over just substituting different synonyms for amazingly, wonderfully, talented. So to sum it up, CONGRATULATIONS mom I am so proud of everything you have done and accomplished with your work. You are truly an example of greatness to me! I LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mom is so awesome!!! I check her gallery every week to see updated pictures of your family and to enjoy her wonderful talent. She really is an amazing woman - I don't know your siblings, but I know how great you are and so you obviously have a fabulous mom!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy crying on a weekly basis on behalf of your posts - thanks! Thanks a lot - are you making up for all the times I laughed at you for crying? :) You have the most amazing mom in the WHOLE WIDE world - and you are sharing her with me! WOW that makes you just as amazing! :)

Unknown said...

ok, you have me crying here. love you so much. i'm going through Tyler withdrawls. love and miss you and am prouder of *YOU* than you can imagine.
love ya,
Mom


Google