Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Friday, October 7, 2011

Vote for me {Pleeeease!!!!!}

A couple weeks ago I submitted THIS project to audition for a crafting competition called American Crafter on the blog Naptime Crafters. I was picked, out of 99 people, to be one of the 15 contestants. Today is the first round of the competition and moving on to the next round is completely determined by votes! The best part about this competition is that you can vote for THREE (3!) different projects so head on over and vote for your 3 favorites! You don't have to have a blog, be a blogger, or even like blogging to vote-everyone's opinion matters!

This rounds theme was Halloween!

And I promise...the other 14 halloween projects are Drop. Dead. Amazing. These girls do NOT mess around. Seriously you HAVE to go check them out (here)!!!

My entry:
Sound Activated Halloween Pillow

You can see the quick and simple version of my project over at The Competition, but if you're looking for a detailed how-to...check it out on my craft blog HERE!



BUUUUTTTT what good would a 'Happy Haunting' pillow be if it wasn't slightly...haunted?! That's when I had this idea...

1.I took a too-spooky-for-my-taste grim reaper decoration
2. Removed the sound activated device (that when activated by sound, responds by making eeeerie noises and glowing RED!!!)
3. Inserted it into the pillow
4. Cut a small square of posterboard to insert the small LED's into-and used electrical tape to hold them in place on the back of the poster-so that they wouldn't shift around and get lost or smothered by the polyfiber inside the pillow.
5. LASTLY, I cut a small hole around the on/off switch so I can choose which neighbors I'd like to scare up until Halloween :)







Happy Haunting!

It would mean soooo much to me if you could take a quick second and cast a vote for me and my pillow-I'm contestant #10!! (the voting poll is on the right hand side of her blog)The voting ends Sunday night at 8 pm so you have time to tell your friends too :). Ha ha! Thanks a bunch!!

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

How fabulous! sure I will go vote right now. Have a fun filled day.

cnelson said...

Brilliant!!! LOOOOOOVE it!!!

The Johnson Family said...

Done! I think yours is the most creative by far!! You're a crafting genius! I wish we were a little closer so some of your brilliance could rub off on me.


Google