Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Friday, October 21, 2011

Shamlessly begging for your votes AGAIN! (please?!)

This was the project I submitted for the 3rd round of American Crafter today and if you have a second I would LOVE it if you could vote for me ONE more time (voting goes thru sun night). This time only 3 people move on to the FINALS!! I have the smallest blog by far out of all 6 contestants that are left so I could really use as many votes as possible! Thanks for being the best friends ever! :)
-------------------------------------
I have SO much in my life to be grateful for (like being in round 3 of American Crafter-Eeeeek- Thank you for your votes last week)! And I love that, due to Thanksgiving, the month of November is a time specifically focused on showing gratitude for the amazing blessings in our lives.


Using the theme hands, I came up with an advent calendar that would help my kiddos be grateful for the MANY things their little hands can do. Being that it's Thanksgiving, I decided to create a turkey calendar-using a pumpkin mod podged in fabric, and a gourd-for the base, and used our hands to be the feathers. Dad's and Mom's hands are the the larger feathers that were cut out of craft foam and covered in fabric. My two kids' hands were cut straight onto fabric and sewn onto the larger hands. This way it's a very special, literal reminder, to ALL the members of our family that...Together, OUR hands can help YOUR hands create, explore, serve, celebrate, and show gratitude-the 5 different category's for the month. I then sewed a line between each of their little fingers to create the pockets to hold the "hand" activity for that day that corresponds to that weeks category. And of course, the BEST part about any advent calendar is the candy, so using twine I tied a tootsie roll to each finger for a treat once the activity for that day has been completed!
--------------------------------------------

Click HERE to vote. The voting poll is on the upper right hand side of the page and I'm contestant #5. THANK you! (also...you can find all the details and 24 activities on my craft blog HERE)

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

What a wonderful turkey! This is just fabulous. I am happy to vote for you, the idea is clever and one I have never seen. Good luck and have a fun weekend.

Sylvia said...

Angela, you are #5!

Love Sweet Love said...

Ha Ha, thanks Sylvia I realized that after I posted this, but I couldn't get to a computer to change till just now! :)


Google