Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Monday, August 30, 2010

A literal lesson

So a couple morning ago I was getting ready in the bathroom and Tyler was playing with his "guys" (action figures, fighting dudes, toy boy dolls, i don't know what you're supposed to call them) and he was quoting movie lines back and forth between the 2 guys he was holding. I'm not entirely sure what movie it was, I'm guessing Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs as that's been his most recent addiction, when I hear him say, "You shut up right now okay?" Then the guy in his other hand responds, "are you talking to me?! You shut up!"

Um. Excuse me?!

So I whirled him around, got right down on his level, looked him in the eye and in my best, I'm being dead serious, this is important, you better be listening mom voice said, "Tyler, we do not say shut up. That is a very mean thing to say and we talk kindly to everyone, even our toys. We do not say shut up in this house." (Italics to show firmness in voice :))

He looks at me square in the eye, with a puzzled look on his face and so innocently asks, "Then where can I say it?"

Ha ha! I lost all control and busted up laughing. I love they way their minds work!

7 comments:

Rebekah said...

He is such a cutie! So smart.

Cami said...

That is hilarious! Watch out, that boy is going to be finding all kinds of loopholes in everything you say! ;)

cnelson said...

I guess he told you Mom!! Hahahaha!! LOVE that boy!

Unknown said...

ha ha that is AWESOME!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

golaodoth
[url=http://healthplusrx.com/bags-under-the-eyes]bags under the eyes[/url]
esothesmasmiz

Anonymous said...

Hi there

This post was interesting, how long did it take you to write?

Fort Wayne Waterproofing said...

Greeat blog


Google