Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Good. Shot. Dad.

So tonight before bed we were playing a little-simplified version of-dodgeball. It's non stop laughter, squeals, and giggles and the kids LOVE us to chase them and "knock" them down with the ball. They get SO excited when they "get" us and since we try to play it up for their benefit (although truth be-told we don't always have to pretend as Tyler has pretty good aim and can take Bobby down if Bobby's not watching;) ) we'll howl and whither in pain and Tyler will laugh so hard he can barely breathe. (not so sure that's a good thing. hopefully he knows that we're pretending so that's why it's funny...) Kylee is my little protector though and hates to see me get hurt! If Bobby and I are going at it throwing balls at each other, or sometimes he'll pick me up and throw me down on the couch, or maybe he's trying to wrestle a ball away from me, and then I'll scream, Kylee will think I'm hurt and rush over to me with a terrified look on her face and reach her arms out to me and start to cry. And then she won't let go of me until Bobby has gone far away from me. If he starts to come back close to me she'll shake her finger and say, "no no!" Sometimes I let Bobby attack me just cause I want her to come love on me! :)

Anyway, this story is about Tyler so back to the point...tonight Bobby threw a ball at Tyler right where it counts (not on purpose). As Tyler has thrown his fair share of balls at Bobby in this exact location he's seen the way Bobby reacts to them. This time as soon as the ball hit him he froze, his eyes got big, he turned his knees into each other, dropped his hands over the injured area and s l o w l y fell to the floor. He closed his eyes, rolled over to his side and said, with what sounded like his very last breaths of life, "good.....shot.......dad." We were a little shocked and right before we could quite figure out what to do he jumped right up and started laughing so hard! He said, "ha ha. that's what daddy does huh?!"

Nothing slips past these kids. Here's a few shots from our little game...


Kylee saying, "yay!" in the background b/c tyler just nailed daddy in the head.


Ky's turn


She's looking in bewilderment at Bobby cause he just threw a ball at her belly and she did NOT like it!


It made daddy sad that he hurt his baby girl


proof that i was playing too!


Her running to me when bobby attacked me




When we told him we had to stop playing he was trying so hard to make a pouty face but he was still laughing too hard so it didn't quite work.


Hope you're having a good weekend too!

6 comments:

cnelson said...

soooooooo funny!

Alisa and Sky said...

Aww good family times! Love it! That is a good memory you will be happy you blogged about! I need to be better about blogging stuff like that!

Maranda said...

You guys are so fun! How does that work, playing such fun, rowdy games before bed? Does it help them sleep better? I would think the opposite. Just wondering. Also, I'm not so sure how I feel about Bobby wearing that Utah State t-shirt. I know you guys are happy up there, but I still miss you down here. Do I need to get him a UVU t-shirt?

Rebekah said...

Cute! I can't wait to see you guys... just over a week until I pick you up at the airport!

alena rose said...

Haha, that is way cute and funny!!

Mindy said...

Oh so funny, we love all your wonderful posts


Google