Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Monday, May 24, 2010

It happened

Kylee grew up. Right before my eyes. More specifically, yesterday at church during Relief Society. I had that moment. Do you have one too? A distinct moment in time where you know you are looking at your baby but all you see is a child. It only happens once for me. I mean there are times throughout their first year that you think, oh my goodness my baby is growing up so fast or I can't believe how big she/he's getting. But this is different. It's that one moment when you physically see them grow right in front of you and something inside you changes. I felt it coming too. For the past several months I've noticed how quickly Kylee is growing up; getting taller, saying words, interacting on a more even level with her brother, communicating pretty much everything she wants, etc., and I knew that the time was coming when I would look at her one second and see my baby girl and after a simple blink of the eyes see a little girl standing in her place.

The same thing happened with Tyler. I think I may have blogged about it, but it was one afternoon when we were driving in the car and we had just gone through the drive thru at McDonalds to grab some lunch. I had handed my baby, Tyler, his kids meal (he was really close to this same age that kylee is now-17/18 mo. ish) and put his chocolate milk, with the straw sticking out of the hole bobby had cut with a knife into the top of the milk, in his car seat cup holder. Not 2 seconds later I look back and see a little boy sitting in my baby's car seat, drinking his milk, putting it back in the cup holder, taking a chicken nugget out of the box and chowing down. And I couldn't take my eyes off him. It was one moment. One moment that I will never forget. It's when Tyler went from a baby to a little boy right before my eyes. It was nothing spectacular or an ultra "grown up" thing he did, all of a sudden everything was just different and I can't really explain it any more than that. Maybe I'm just weird.

Kylee had fallen asleep on me during sunday school (thank you 1:00 church) and woke up a few minuets into relief society. She was still a little groggy from her nap and continued to sit (still!) on my lap for another 15 min just watching the little girl sitting next to us (8 mo. old) playing on the floor with some of her toys. She decided enough was enough and hopped down to make sure that little girl knew they were her toys! I let my baby squirm down off my lap, just to look down and see a little girl squatting over a "real" baby while patting her on the back. Kylee then looked up at me, cocked her head to one side, and smiled a smile at me that was nothing short of pure adorableness. It was one moment. One moment that I will never forget. It's when Kylee went from a baby to a little girl right before my eyes. Once again, nothing spectacular, nothing out of the ordinary, but before I could even think of how I could possibly reverse time everything was just different. As I continued to watch her play with the baby throughout the rest of Relief Society I couldn't take my eyes off her. Even though I had been anticipating this change I wasn't ready for it and had a hard time figuring out how I was feeling. I didn't necessarily want her to go back to being my baby- I L.O.V.E! the stage she is at right now-but I'm not sure I'm ready to no longer have a baby in the house (for several more years anyway!) And once the "moment" happens nothing ever goes back to the way it was before...for me anyways.

So I guess Sun. was a bittersweet day for me. I am eager for her to continue to grow and discover the world around her and will try not to dwell too much on the baby girl that slipped off my lap ready to grow up all too fast. I'm so lucky to be her momma and love her for choosing me.

It's safe to say she has us all wrapped around her little finger.

Do you see how tightly she's gripping Tyler's shirt?! ha ha her new favorite thing right now is hugs-from only tyler of course-but she will run to him with her arms open and squeeze him as tight as she can while standing on her tiptoes (I didn't catch her feet very well) and she says, "awwww" cause she knows she's being cute. Ahhh...life is SO good!

5 comments:

Alisa and Sky said...

Yeah I had that moment with nate when he was about the age. I wish I would have blogged it like you did yours! It makes me want to cry thinking of how fast they are all growing up! She has grown a lot! She is barely a head smaller than tyler! I wish I could come up with mom and alena in 2 weeks, but unfortunately i cant! I might just have to make my own special trip! I miss you so much! Do you know when you are coming down for your kids free trip yet?!

Rebekah said...

Wow! You really have a way with words, a way to make everyone really understand your feelings.

cnelson said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhh!!! give 'em an extra hug from me will ya!

Mindy said...

Oh so sweet. We love kylee

Michelle C said...

adorable kids. they do grow up so fast!


Google