Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Still here!

Sorry it's been so long since we've posted but things are unbelievably crazy right now. We have never felt so overworked and stressed out in our lives. No work, at any job we've ever had, even comes close to how hard we're working right now. We are eager to one day :) look back on this time in our lives and be thankful for all the lessons we learned and the blessings we received, but right now we're just trying to keep our heads above water! ha ha! No, I really don't mean to complain. We truly do have SO much to be grateful for, and that list far exceeds the list to whine about, but sometimes it can be theraputic to vent! Anyway, here are some things going on with us:

*We turned down a different apartment opportunity, to stay here in the glory of Aggie Village. *Sigh* Someday it will be our turn to move, just not for about another year. I don't really want to talk about it.

*Tyler is on his second week of potty training and it's actually going really well. He rarely has accidents anymore and will go to the bathroom in any potty no matter where we are, so we're actually able to leave the house now! He went poop in the potty for the first time on Sun. and so I'm hoping that now he's over whatever fear it was that kept him from doing it in the first place. Seeing him running around in underwear is so cute! I love the little boy he's turning out to be!

*Bobby started school in Aug. and is gone ALL the time. Which is only bad because I pretty much only see him on sun during sunday school or if I wake up in the middle of the night (okay it's not really that bad, but it's not very often) It's good though because he's devoting his every waking minute to school (or work) and his hard work is paying off with awesome grades and a paycheck that allows me to stay home and do what I love most in the whole world. He's gone from the time the rest of us are waking up in the morning until about 9:30 at night and if he's home earlier than that it's because one (or both of us) have a meeting or other church responsibility to attend to. And on days that he works he's up until 1 or 2 am doing homework. I miss him.

*Kylee is just as cute as can be, which is a dang good thing because she is SO high maintenance. I've said it since the day she was born and it is still 100% true. Life must revolve around her or the princess is NOT happy. And since sleep is not her favorite thing, (at night she's fine, but she only takes 2-1 hour naps at most during the day) it's pretty much impossible to do anything I need to get done until after both kids are in bed for the night. Which is a lot harder to do by yourself (putting kids to bed)-I have an entirely new respect and admiration for single mothers. Goodness knows I love that girl, but sometimes...

*Also, she still has no teeth and isn't crawling. She's so close, but right when I think she's about to take one move forward she falls onto her belly and kicks her feet in anger because what she wants is too far for her to reach. She then proceeds to scream until you pick her back up or hand her whatever it is that she wants.

*I've taken the kids to the Logan aquatic center to swim several times by-myself, and no one has drowned, which is something I'm really proud of.

I think I've taken some pictures since the last time I posted but I'm not sure where our camera is and I'm comfy in bed so I'm not going to go look for it, but I'll post them soon. Promise.

Is it possible for a human to run off batteries? I'll look into that in my spare time.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Well I guess I will forgive Bobby for not calling me back! It sounds like you guys have a lot on your plate right now. I would say I hope everything gets easier soon, but is sounds like this is going to be your routine for awhile... so like you said I am sure in the future you will look back at this time and all the things you have learned!

Maranda said...

I'm sorry, I haven't been to your blog in a while, but I LOVE the look!! SOOO CUTE! I really love the header! I wish you could show me how you did that. Anyways, I just wanted to tell you how amazing you are. You are so sweet and strong, and you are always so giving. You guys bless everyone so much, I know you will get those blessings returned. You're so wonderful. I wish we lived closer so I could help you. If there is anything I can do from here, let me know! I'm sorry you're having some rough days, but things will get better. I don't know when, but they will. Hang in there! I'm glad you listed all those funny things Tyler said. He's hilarious and can really brighten a mood. You're amazing, wonderful, awesome, beautiful, talented, and beyond generous! I really admire you!!

Alisa and Sky said...

I am sorry life has been so crazy for you guys! I am right here with youon the not seeing the husband very often. Since he is in football season we dont see much of him. You guys should stay with us a couple of nights :)

Joy said...

It's okay to vent sometimes, I think it helps us realize we're all human! If it makes you feel any better, you're not alone-- I have several friends who practically never see their husbands either. SO HARD, I'm sure! I guess there's some comfort in knowing it's temporary. Kylee seems like such a good baby-- I love the clapping and waving bye- bye, and that's great that she sleeps through the night! I'm a little jealous, because Charlotte doesn't do any of those yet, but she does have teeth and is sort of scoot-crawling. They just develop at their own little pace, don't they?!


Google