Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

October 2011

Ok I think it's official...3 months is the LONGEST I've gone not updating the blog (well...maybe when I was pregnant with Kylee and SO SO SO sick I went longer than 3 months, but I don't really count that) and now that all the holidays are over I'm playing MAJOR catchup!!

For Christmas my mom gave my sister Amanda a book she made for her-using Blurb-of her WHOLE mission. Hundreds and hundreds of pictures and letters all bound into one book and the book is absolutely beautiful and SO well put together! I've been wanting to print my blog into a book for a couple years now but have never really been motivated to sit down and spend the time to do it. After seeing the quality of Amanda's and realizing how special it would be to have all of our memories, pictures and stories printed into a *journal* I am SUPER motivated to start getting ours printed out! Which ALSO means that I am super motivated to keep blogging and keep writing down our memories! Sooooo here's to a lot of late nights in my future :)

October 2010

10/15
Back in October our family home evenings were based out of the first few chapters of Nephi so our scripture for the month was 1 Nephi 3:7. The kids worked SO hard to memorize it! I think they did pretty great for such a long verse! The first video is just of them being...them. :) The second video is of them reciting the scripture. *sorry they're sideways...ugh!

Please note the PURE satisfaction on Kylee's face of pushing her brothers buttons and how she tries to play it off as "love". :)





10/16
I was making dinner one night when a football game erupted in my kitchen! The kids were laughing SOOOO hard! I love that the simplest things make them the MOST happy!












10/24
For one of our Family Home Evenings we talked about the Liahona and the importance of making correct choices and being faithful in following the commandments in order to have the spirit be with us. We talked about how the Liahona only worked when Nephi and his family were obedient to the Lord's commandments and it was dependent upon their faith.

For an object lesson we used a modern day type of Liahona-our GPS :)-and were instructed to follow it's directions to get to the temple.


We followed the directions about half the way there and then we thought it'd be a good idea to show Tyler and Kylee that when we don't make good choices and choose to do what we want to do, rather than what we're being asked to do by our knowledgeable guide, than there are consequences. We decided to deviate from the GPS's directions and try to take a shortcut to the temple because we thought that we knew best and that if we ignored the GPS we'd get there faster doing it our way.

Soooo, we chose to go down different streets and turn different ways than the GPS was telling us and ignored it's promptings to turn around and get back on the right street and...we got lost!!! (not really...we knew where we were but the kids didn't so they were lost :) ) We decided we had better listen to our guide and follow it's directions to get back on track on our journey to the temple. They found that it was EASY to find our way to the temple when we made the choice to be obedient and follow the directions on our compass rather than go our own way.

The problem was that our little object lesson ended up working a little too well because by the time we made it to the temple it had just closed and the gates were locked! :(


They had REALLY been looking forward to getting to walk around the temple grounds and Kylee had been so excited "to smell ALL the flowers!".


Then we felt really bad, but they did learn a good lesson!! And because it was fall time and the tress around the temple had lost a lot of big, crunchy leaves we spent a GOOD while playing in the leaves!


10/29
Our ward doesn't do a trunk or treat OR a Halloween Party (which I hate!) so I was happy that the primary put a little activity together for the kids a couple days before Halloween because Tyler and Kylee had SO much fun!


(You can find details on how to make a rag skirt here)


10/30
Carving Pumpkins is always a must in October!!
Link





The only part she was really interested in was playing in the guts...gross.


10/31
Some fun Halloween lunches! (not too healthy I know, but it's what I had on hand to whip up so don't judge mmmmkay?!)


If you missed it, you can see pictures of their Halloween costumes here!

If there's anyone still reading this there will be pictures from November and December coming soon!

4 comments:

cnelson said...

So glad you posted these!!!! PRICELESS! !!

Ash said...

So fun! So cute! Thanks for the fun FHE ideas. Can't wait to see the rest of the updates.

Rebekah said...

Wow they are so smart! I love all the cute pictures, I missed seeing pictures of these guys!

Alisa and Sky said...

You are so good about taking pictures and videos! I love it! One of my resolutions this year is to be better about taking more pictures and videos and blogging them. I am having to play catchup too and I hate it because sometimes I skip some of the stuff and I don't want to! For christmas tis year I am going to ask skyler to print all our past blogs in a book to! I have a friend that does it every year and she talks about how much she loves having them! Love your kiddos! They are so lucky to have such a great mom and dad! Love y'all!


Google