Win free stuff just by searching the web! SO EASY!

Search & Win

Monday, January 23, 2012

Kylee is a Sunbeam!



Kylee started her first day in primary on Jan. 1 2012. Being that she turned three 2 days before the cut-off I was really nervous to have her start primary and be the VERY youngest in her class (and more than likely in every primary class until she's 12).

Our ward does a really great thing at the end of the year where they bring all the kids that are going to be starting sunbeams in Jan. into primary for singing time during the month of December. Her nursery leaders said she did great going into primary and sitting still and listening so I was hoping her first day of primary would go over 100 times better than her first day of nursery! AND Tyler is in the class right behind her so I was positive she was going to do great.

Nope. I'm not sure why I thought it would be a good idea to walk her in since she does much better when bobby leaves her places, because the second I tried to let her go she was crying-and not softly. I sat down with Kylee on my lap for about the first 5 min. and then Jodi, the 2nd counselor in the primary presidency-and my neighbor- who was sitting with the sunbeam class also to help the teacher with all the criers, said "Angela, just go. I know she's your baby, but you have to go and just let her cry. She'll be fine."

Hmmmph. I don't like it when people tell me what to do, but I knew she was right. Mainly I was just worried that she was going to puke on somebody again and I'd have to buy somebody a new dress. Oh ya, and because it was probably distracting to the person talking. But I sucked it up, sat her down on the chair, kissed her goodbye and walked out the door. I hated it. I walked right into the relief society room and sat down so I couldn't hear her cry. Bobby waited out in the hall just in case there was any...bodily functions emitted. He said she stopped crying after about a minute and her teacher said she did great the whole time after that.

When I picked her up after church she was happy and ran right up to me to show me her picture so I was soooo relieved! The next Sunday she cried again for the first couple minutes and then was fine the whole time and last Sunday she didn't cry at all! Yay!

She puts up a pretty good sassy front, so she can come off independent and tough but she is sooooo shy and sensitive and just needs time to warm up to new things. I'm so happy to have this little mini me in my life. :)


3 comments:

cnelson said...

Yeah for Kylee!

Rebekah said...

She is growing up so fast! Emma does the same thing, if Nathan drops her off she is fine... but if I do there is a scene. Why is that I wonder?

Unknown said...

A D O R A B L E picture!!


Google